Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any body watching Barrett-Jackson ?

On 1/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, cobraman said:

So I'm watching just now and they bring up a drag Cobra ( Dragon snake ? ) and what do they do ? They go to a commercial  !!!  I think it sold for 550,000.

Was it a commercial for New Deal Used Cars?

"Now wait just a @#$=*& minute! Is this a Dragon Snake Cobra for five hundred and fifty thousand dollars?? That's too *&^%$ high!" (BOOM!!!) :lol:

I've been watching off and on during the past week.  It got me to wondering about those shows where the guy wants the super nice looking car he bought online without looking at it, the shop worked on it and when they tear down the car, it is loaded with Bondo!

Edited by mrmike

3 hours ago, mrmike said:

I've been watching off and on during the past week.  It got me to wondering about those shows where the guy wants the super nice looking car he bought online without looking at it worked on and when they tear down the car, it is loaded with Bondo!

I would hope those kind of sellers wouldn't show up at Barrett-Jackson. Then you would have to settle it with the seller.  B-J only puts them on the block for auction. And is not responsible for any misrepresentition by the seller.  If you were there you could kick the tires.... not sure how online would work.

Edited by D. Battista

I am aware that Barrett-Jackson is providing their services of auctioning off the vehicle, and that they have standards for certain vehicles to be auctioned off, but I do wonder when I see a vehicle going across the block with straight panels and no wavering paint, if that car or truck is solid metal or half filled with filler?  Prospective buyers do have the opportunity to view the vehicle that they are interested in.  I would hope that vehicle is solid metal.

22 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Was it a commercial for New Deal Used Cars?

"Now wait just a @#$=*& minute! Is this a Dragon Snake Cobra for five hundred and fifty thousand dollars?? That's too *&^%$ high!" (BOOM!!!) :lol:

It was a no sale.

IMG_1879.PNG

IMG_1881.PNG

On 1/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, cobraman said:

So I'm watching just now and they bring up a drag Cobra ( Dragon snake ? ) and what do they do ? They go to a commercial  !!!  I think it sold for 550,000.

Same here. I taped everything because I did not want to miss that Cobra drag car. I was thinking they would show it again in that MOMENTS AGO feature....but no.

But, they did not miss that HOT TUB CADDY...that could have been during a commercial.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:07 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

Checked the Automobilia docket and there aren't any great models; about all they have is a case of new-in-the-box '82 Corvette promos.

Sold on Monday for $431.25; unopened case of 12 plus a 13th car in Dark Claret with box. Must have been a case of buyer's remorse or an unqualified bidder because the exact same lot was re-sold on the following Sunday for only $230... <_<

Another unopened case + 1 of '85 Vettes went for $690.

(The duplicate of my old Dude Wagon pedal car went for $2185 :blink:.)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

On 1/19/2018 at 7:19 PM, cobraman said:

I'm watching but can't afford a darn thing !

Kind of reminds me of my friend putting gas in his immaculate V-8 Vega.

Guy walks over and compliments him, upon leaving comments, " Wish I could afford something like that." as he gets into his new $40,00.00 SUV.:lol:

On 1/19/2018 at 10:07 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

My boss is there right now; said no money to buy this year but still worth it for the show. I'll agree with that; it was worth the price of admission to have seen (1) Reggie Jackson get booed by the audience when he started to gripe about his cars not hitting reserve, and (2) Jay Leno getting pissed off at the bidders when a charity car he was guest-auctioneering wasn't getting bid up enough.

Checked the Automobilia docket and there aren't any great models; about all they have is a case of new-in-the-box '82 Corvette promos. They did have a duplicate of my childhood pedal car:

5a62ce672971f_dudewagon.jpg.ea525356e3fee0d81d1087cecd3636db.jpg

I'd really like to see an hour on things that sold that weren't cars

Love watching Barrett Jackson.Mecum too.Plus I can listen to Steve Magnante,and Mike Joy,Actually all the commentators,for hours.The guys are great.Didn't too well on the fantasy bidding though.Ah,but I never do..I must go to the one in CT this year..And just to add,but I also really enjoyed watching those hotties who put the sold stickers on each car.Wow?Hello!!!!