Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram BADMAN

28 minutes ago, Jantrix said:

I've had this kit a couple of times, but that wonky molded front drivers door line overlap makes me chuck it back on the pile until it ends up traded away.

That and the roof always looks small for the rest of the body. Oh and oversized 1/24th scale.

Very cool! I wish I'd bought one of those diecasts when they were available. It's the more attractive (IMHO) 2DS body style. I assume it has the same basis as the American Graffiti '55? (Did they ever do a diecast 2LB '55?_

9 hours ago, russosborne said:

Now I have to go to eBay and buy another one. Thanks, Greg. :lol:

Russ

Darn, just looked on Ebay. These are not cheap. Not getting one right now for sure.

At least I have one in my stash. But this is one I always want to have at least one in the house in addition to the one being built.

I honestly can't have enough of these.

Russ

17 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very cool! I wish I'd bought one of those diecasts when they were available. It's the more attractive (IMHO) 2DS body style. I assume it has the same basis as the American Graffiti '55? (Did they ever do a diecast 2LB '55?_

Same as their AG '55. and yes wouldn't a 2LBT be great.:)

This was one of my faves as a kid.  As a kid, who couldn't love Tom Daniels' kits.  Molded in color and wild hot rod stuff.    Epic.   So as the nostalgai sets in , i did build one as an adult and it was every bit of fun.  No attempt to make it super realistic, just use best building skills I could.  Then it got knocked off the shelf.  I still have it bagged for rebuild.  

17 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Two-Lane_Blacktop_1955_Chevy_Hot_Rod_Model_Car_Kits_ec367a06-1e6b-43c0-9a95-9a71236bace7.jpg

• 6 months later...

I'm considering doing a Badman with the engine and Lakewood bellhousing from Monogram's '66 Malibu (I have a red one) and a standard trans. It's in the early planning stages, but I have designed a possible set of decals for it. I don't want to stray too far from the Badman, itself. And, I am going to try to keep it fairly straightforward and simple...uh, yeah.