Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

9 hours ago, Jason Sheer said:

Wow Dann, , that key holder is impressive !  I was away 4 a bit, but I got my kit the other day so I’m happy! A couple of questions, Did your kit come with 2 bodies, clear styrene and white? Cause mine did! It’s the second run. And what purple paint and silver did you use 4 exhaust and chassis? I know duplicolor, but metal cast or regular automotive selection? Your kit is looking awesome and can’t wait to start mine! Good thing you made all the videos about it! Thanks Dann!!!!!

035DE810-460B-45F4-827F-6C1A2B71A092.jpeg

2C7D561A-3833-47D3-819D-93CD6539B470.jpeg

Thanks, Jason!, you have the "Export" edition, I have the original. Yours is the only version like that....pretty neat too! I don't really like to use the Metal Cast kolors, if I remember right, those, and their engine paints took too long to dry for me.....which allows more time for junk to stick to it during the process. I prefer the regular kolors. Heres a list of all the kolors I used, hope it helps, and you are welcome!!…..

Pagani paint list 001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

I've been purposely waiting until I get all 4 interiors done before I painted it, to save on klean-up.  The paint is now on its way!!

It’s the easiest way in my option... cleanup is the worst part. I’m excited to see this! 

On 6.9.2018 at 6:01 PM, Italianhorses said:

That's quite a list!

Indeed it is. Thanks for that aswell, Dann. I was about to complain about not being able to get those Testors/ Model Master colors here in Germany anymore. BUT: I just saw that there is a Polish webshop and they have 437 different MM colors on offer. I always loved to work with those colors in the 90's and now I will again! :)

Edited by Tommy124

6 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Indeed it is. Thanks for that aswell, Dann. I was about to complain about not being able to get those Testors/ Model Master colors here in Germany anymore. BUT: I just saw that there is a Polish webshop and they have 437 different MM colors on offer. I always loved to work with those colors in the 90's and now I will again! :)

I 've always liked using the MM paints too.....just for brush details though!!   by the way, Tommy, i'm patiently waiting to see what you did to make your 25th Anniversary Countach look so good!....especially considering that Italeri isn't the usual "go-to" when you build one.

13 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

by the way, Tommy, i'm patiently waiting to see what you did to make your 25th Anniversary Countach look so good!....especially considering that Italeri isn't the usual "go-to" when you build one.

Hi Dann, your wish is my command: ;)

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/136205-lamborghini-countach-anniversary-124-scale-by-italeri/

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra....she FINALLY has some primer and kolor!!
14 minutes ago, Rider said:

Great progress Dann. Very impressively clean room, almost surgical. 

Thanks, Lloyd!....not anymore...lol!!     -I vacuumed a bit to show the dust!...lol   Painters heavy canvas tarp for the floor works great!!, and I can find PE deserters VERY easily!!

DSCF6665.JPG

Hey, everyone!, its hard to believe that the next step is the actual kolor coat!!…….ALOT of you have been patiently waiting for this part, so have I! I just got done spraying my metallic paint that I use to replicate CF, and after it gasses-out, I will mask it off, and shoot the Metallic Pewter!!….should be Sunday

DSCF6692.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...BODY IS PAINTED!!
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass