Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...even MORE photos!!

Hey, everyone!, I just wanted to share my "Finishing List". Whenever i'm hours away from finishing a build, I look over the whole thing, and make a list to make sure I have everything done that I had planned. Here is the Pagani's list (I know it seems like a lot, but it really isn't, and i'm already working on it.)

DSCF6939.JPG

-Photo 1; In order to make sure that the hinges worked freely, I carefully scraped them down to bare plastic, then painted them by brush with Tamiya's Chrome Silver. The hinges on most of these cars are gloss black, but I wanted to have mine as a better accent. 

-Photo 2; If you look carefully, you can see 4 tiny chrome rings that I added to these door-sill parts. They are self adhesive metal transfers. Since these are for the locating pins on the doors and cowls, I had to drill them out first......they have been painted CF black since.

-Photo 3; I came up with a really effective way to replicate the LED fog lamps. To all who know me, you wont be surprised that I masked these parts off too...lol, brush-painted them with XF-84, peeled the tape away, and then painted flat white across the length of the back sides....wait til I post photos of them installed!!….they really look the part!!

DSCF6907.JPG

DSCF6930.JPG

DSCF6937.JPG

DSCF6938.JPG

DSCF6934.JPG

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...Final checklist items!
6 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Wow! I’ve got a yellow LaFerrari and Porsche 959 on the bench. The pagans is in my stash, and this will be my guide when I start it.

Ben

Thanks, Ben!!…...the next Porsche I will be doing soon, is my Tamiya 959 as well, lol, but i'm gluing the hood down....its gonna be a curbside!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...new update!

Wow * a Billion! Dann, this build is so slick ! You should send a message to Aoshima saying, “this is how the box art 4 this kit IS supposed to look like,” DT out!  What purple did you use for exhaust? Hoping 2 get back to my kits soon! Here’s a couple of picks of the poor kit in the corner of window jam. 

BE2461D3-156D-4CA8-B9F3-54552D155BAD.jpeg

6A5BB4AC-45AE-4957-A1E4-3785345CCF26.jpeg

…...and some more....

-Photo 1; I SB the two allignement pins for the door....

-Photo 2; To replicate the door-release toggles, I took super fine wire, dipped the end in super glue, which made the proper shape, then painted them chrome silver....

-Photo 3; these are the toggles.....before I glued them in place, I scraped the wire klean from paint.

-Photos 4,5,&6; The finished doors with the new SB details!

-Photo 10; Here you can see one of the new SB cowl catches. Notice also, I needed to make the door catches smaller as well.

-Photo 11; the heat shield was added.

-Photo 12; the doors are permanently on, and fit great as you can see!!

-Photo 13; It was finally okay for me to tape the exhaust pipes together, and to glue the collector on.

-Photo 14; I taped the rear cowl down in the proper position, then glued the belly-pan contact, and let it set for a while.

-Photo 15; After the lower contact dried, I taped the bumper to the tyres so that it wouldn't move when I took the cowl off. It was then that I carefully flexed back the top contacts that I SB over the drive axels, and glued them down.....it worked a treat! Also in this photo, you can see the air ducts? that I replicated.....the toothpick points to them.

-Photo 22; Here, i'm pointing at the micro magnets that will be use on both cowls, to finalise the fitments. As you can see with the front cowl for example, the strap-ends are a bit high, so I will be drilling, and setting the one magnet down a bit, til everything fits properly......same type of deal with the rear cowl.

DSCF6958.JPG

DSCF6959.JPG

DSCF6963.JPG

DSCF6964.JPG

DSCF6965.JPG

DSCF6966.JPG

DSCF6967.JPG

DSCF6968.JPG

DSCF6969.JPG

DSCF6975.JPG

DSCF6976.JPG

DSCF6977.JPG

DSCF6979.JPG

DSCF6980.JPG

DSCF6981.JPG

DSCF6983.JPG

DSCF6984.JPG

DSCF6985.JPG

DSCF6986.JPG

DSCF6987.JPG

DSCF6988.JPG

DSCF6989.JPG

25 minutes ago, Jason Sheer said:

Wow * a Billion! Dann, this build is so slick ! You should send a message to Aoshima saying, “this is how the box art 4 this kit IS supposed to look like,” DT out!  What purple did you use for exhaust? Hoping 2 get back to my kits soon! Here’s a couple of picks of the poor kit in the corner of window jam. 

BE2461D3-156D-4CA8-B9F3-54552D155BAD.jpeg

6A5BB4AC-45AE-4957-A1E4-3785345CCF26.jpeg

Thanks, Jason!, WOW!!….you got a lot going on there!!…..hope you get back to that Porsche soon!!!....my ALL-TIME favorite German car!!!  

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...wanna see the body fitment?!
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass