Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass

Dann Tier

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra....new update!

Finally got a little bit of time to get some more done. I managed to finish SB the cowl release assemblies, the rear wire harness, and redo the rear heat shield that I discovered was too narrow. All I have left now after painting these parts, are; mirrors, exhaust tips, door markers, and glass......not much at all!

DSCF7074.JPG

DSCF7069.JPG

DSCF7072.JPG

DSCF7073.JPG

DSCF7076.JPG

DSCF7077.JPG

DSCF7078.JPG

DSCF7079.JPG

DSCF7080.JPG

DSCF7081.JPG

DSCF7082.JPG

DSCF7083.JPG

8 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Fits together very nicely.

Ben

Thanks, Ben!!, its not 100%, but it does fit about 95% better, just as decent as other kits. Lets face it, no kit really is perfect, but what we started-off with on this kit was HORRIBLE.....now its pretty nice, and people can see that it CAN be built properly.

49 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, Ben!!, its not 100%, but it does fit about 95% better, just as decent as other kits. Lets face it, no kit really is perfect, but what we started-off with on this kit was HORRIBLE.....now its pretty nice, and people can see that it CAN be built properly.

I’ts one reason I’m sticking with mainly Tamiya. Such a great subject though.

Ben

3 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

You’re in the home stretch. That thing is really beautiful. You’ve got a museum quality build there. 

Thanks, bud, but I fear i'm starting to get tired of it. Happens every time a build takes me too long. Its a good thing its only got a couple thigs left to do.

9 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Thanks, bud, but I fear i'm starting to get tired of it. Happens every time a build takes me too long. Its a good thing its only got a couple thigs left to do.

I've experienced that as well.  That is why I often reduce the detail level of a build.  Otherwise, I tire of it, put it on the shelf and move on to another project.  When I get back to some of them, they no longer interest me.

9 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I've experienced that as well.  That is why I often reduce the detail level of a build.  Otherwise, I tire of it, put it on the shelf and move on to another project.  When I get back to some of them, they no longer interest me.

Sounds so familiar, Gerry. That's why I usually build two easier curbsides between each detailed build, but this kit has taken so much work, I may do more than two. If I hadn't went crazy with the detailing, it woulda been easier, but I thought if I was gonna build it, I should do it all the way, just incase I couldn't build another one.

22 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:
On 25.11.2018 at 6:45 AM, Dann Tier said:

Fully agree... It's good to make a commitment to oneself at the start of a build to define how detailed the whole thing is supposed to be. You cannot plan the build 100% and ever so often you will find things that need improvement. But you should have an idea about what you expect of yourself at least. If then later you feel you are getting tired of the build, in my experience it's better to put the kit aside and finish it later on. I've done that a couple of times this year and believe it was the right way to go. Nothing worse than trying to force oneself to finish a build...

Dann, as regards your progress - simply OUTSTANDING. Just some glass to be put in (well maybe a lot more, if I know you...) and then this one-off showpiece will be finished!

On 11/24/2018 at 11:45 PM, Dann Tier said:

Yup, my sentiments exactly. That is why I build a box-stock every now and then. 

The Huayra looks wonderful!

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:50 AM, Tommy124 said:

Fully agree... It's good to make a commitment to oneself at the start of a build to define how detailed the whole thing is supposed to be. You cannot plan the build 100% and ever so often you will find things that need improvement. But you should have an idea about what you expect of yourself at least. If then later you feel you are getting tired of the build, in my experience it's better to put the kit aside and finish it later on. I've done that a couple of times this year and believe it was the right way to go. Nothing worse than trying to force oneself to finish a build...

Dann, as regards your progress - simply OUTSTANDING. Just some glass to be put in (well maybe a lot more, if I know you...) and then this one-off showpiece will be finished!

Thanks, Tommy!!,  haven't had any real time to do much on it these last few days, but i'm getting ready to paint the exhaust tips once I test fit them. I modified them to be just like the real car. Tomorrow I should have quite a bit of time to get stuff done on it!!

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, Italianhorses said:

Yup, my sentiments exactly. That is why I build a box-stock every now and then. 

The Huayra looks wonderful!

Thanks, Alex!! I've tried to build box-stock before, but haven't really been able to do it, lol. There is ALWAYS something I cant stand, that has to be changed.  My idea of taking a break from super detail, is a nicely detailed curb-side build, That's why I have the Reventon, and the Miura going. Any time I get close to finishing a car, the others stop until I get the one finished. This 8 car build-thing I tried is great, but I forgot about the fact that I don't finish ANY cars very soon, so after this lot, I will be doing no more than 4 at a time.

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra...SB better exhaust tips

Managed to get a bit more done, even though life has been chaotic lately. The exhaust tips are ready for paint!

-Photo 3; I mounted the tips onto toothpicks with my favorite canopy glue, to make it way easier to sand, then I smoothed everything out ready for the PE bolts.

-Photo 4; Its pretty hard to see right now, because of my pencil markings, and the tininess of the bolts, but each tip has three. I will paint them with gloss black, and then top that off with Spaz Stix mirror chrome.

-Photo 5; As you can see, they look great, and spot on! I will now fill the slight gap between the pipes, and the collector, with super glue, then paint, and detail it when dry.

-Photo 6; Here you can see that they fit great with everything around them, BUT, I need to raise them up ever so slightly when I finally glue them in, so that they are centered, and not resting on the fascia anymore.

-Photo 7; Along with the redo of the door catch, I needed to redo the door alignment pins as well....the others were too big. These new ones will be snipped-down, and sanded smooth......then installed.

-Photo 8; This is the finished rear cowl wire harness. Next step for this, will be to attach it to the upper frame rail on the passenger side.

DSCF7086.JPG

DSCF7087.JPG

DSCF7104.JPG

DSCF7110.JPG

DSCF7112.JPG

DSCF7113.JPG

DSCF7106.JPG

DSCF7107.JPG

1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

Up to 22 pages, yea, don't think I'll ever build mine.  :wacko:  I did look at the Hobby Design detail parts that I got, that could have saved you some time, but I love what you have done so far!

Thanks, Kurt!...….it'd still be cool if you built one!!

Hi,

I've been lurking, watching, taking notes and learning.

You are a master is all I can say.  Thank you for writing such detailed posts.  You enhance this forum no doubt.

BTW, Dann was nice enough to give me a list of tools he uses as I'm overwhelmed in where to start re buying all of mine that were lost.  It's helped me for sure.

So thank you Dann!

6 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

I've been lurking, watching, taking notes and learning.

You are a master is all I can say.  Thank you for writing such detailed posts.  You enhance this forum no doubt.

BTW, Dann was nice enough to give me a list of tools he uses as I'm overwhelmed in where to start re buying all of mine that were lost.  It's helped me for sure.

So thank you Dann!

Thanks, bud!!….you're too kind!, and you are welcome!...I don't believe in hoarding my techniques.....I love to help!!

• Dann Tier changed the title to Fully detailed Pagani Huayra..Under Glass