Model Cars Magazine Forum

Arizona Car Wash

89AKurt

This was inspired by a t-shirt, and Arizona's Stupid Driver law that is supposed to deter idiots from crossing flooded washes, by forcing them to pay for recovery costs.
The roof is from my Honey, We Have A Problem diorama, the Tamiya - Isuzu Vehicross.   The babe is a Preiser figure, with epoxy putty clothing, had to use a Victoria Secret catalog for reference.  I vacuum-formed the sign posts and drilled lots of holes; sign is a photograph that was improved with PhotoShop and printed on thick paper (along with title plaque), reflectors are Farmers Insurance bumper stickers, attached with Grant Line bolts.  First time I have used Woodland Scenics, Water Effects, which is like a thick Tacky Glue, added a little acrylic paint.  Real rocks, dirt, wood and grass, epoxy putty Prickly Pear and Barrel Cactus, paper Agave Cactus, Celluclay ground.  There is a Tarantula waiting for her.  I cut the base in a diamond to mimic the sign from the best point-of-view.

So I made two dioramas with one model. :lol:  Who would rescue her?

7600779460_004272b5d1_o.jpg

7600777376_635e80c545_o.jpg

7600783912_e26a72f793_o.jpg

7600781946_c325000a15_o.jpg

7 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

That is some mighty fine work.  Looks like a Bud Light can laying in the edge of the weeds.  What is the tattoo on her back.?  I am really amazed at your skin tones.

Thank you!  Forget exactly what that can is, but whatever I recently picked up for recycling was it.  I simply drew with a 0.3mm pencil, after doing some research on tats.  I have several colors for skin, mixed, darker where there would be shadow.

And here is the other one!  

Not only are Kurt's dioramas fascinating and spell-binding, but they are clever and cleverly titled, at that!

As I said elsewhere, this is one of my two favorites of Kurt's dioramas!

1 hour ago, Danno said:

And here is the other one!  

Not only are Kurt's dioramas fascinating and spell-binding, but they are clever and cleverly titled, at that!

As I said elsewhere, this is one of my two favorites of Kurt's dioramas!

Appreciate your support! :lol: