Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Figoni & Falaschi bug has bitten again

Pico

Here's a frontal photo of the model, see what you think... It's not easy carving these things out,  and looking at photos of different cars from different angles can be confusing. They are all hand made and so there are differences between them, also. I was able to measure the 2000 Pebble Beach best of show car ( the maroon and white car,  admittedly not this one) when it was in a showroom in St. Louis; so I feel it's dimensions are reasonably correct. When putting the louvers on the side of the hood, they were tight the the valley of the fender-hood junction, so it should be a bit deeper. Too later to correct now,  not a big issue, besides. I'm now on my second cup of hi-octane coffee and will soon be burning up the keyboard designing the seat to be 3d printed by Shapeways.

DSCN8404.JPG

Heller should have, but why not? I suspect they made models of cars that were close and they could easily measure. Why the Delage that they modeled? A nice car but why not the Blanche Montel D8? Or the Aerosport? And the Talbot Lago? Why not the "teardrop" ? The Delahaye 135 they made was was nice but were others that are more interesting. They did hit a home run with the Bugatti T50, however. That one is near the top. BTW, a resin caster is making the T50 Superprofilee with the correct wheels as a transkit for that model.

5 hours ago, Pico said:

Heller should have, but why not? I suspect they made models of cars that were close and they could easily measure. Why the Delage that they modeled? A nice car but why not the Blanche Montel D8? Or the Aerosport? And the Talbot Lago? Why not the "teardrop" ? The Delahaye 135 they made was was nice but were others that are more interesting. They did hit a home run with the Bugatti T50, however. That one is near the top. BTW, a resin caster is making the T50 Superprofilee with the correct wheels as a transkit for that model.

Oh? Who is doing that and when will it hit the market?

On 5/31/2018 at 9:18 AM, Pico said:

Here's a frontal photo of the model, see what you think... It's not easy carving these things out,  and looking at photos of different cars from different angles can be confusing. They are all hand made and so there are differences between them, also. I was able to measure the 2000 Pebble Beach best of show car ( the maroon and white car,  admittedly not this one) when it was in a showroom in St. Louis; so I feel it's dimensions are reasonably correct. When putting the louvers on the side of the hood, they were tight the the valley of the fender-hood junction, so it should be a bit deeper. Too later to correct now,  not a big issue, besides. I'm now on my second cup of hi-octane coffee and will soon be burning up the keyboard designing the seat to be 3d printed by Shapeways.

DSCN8404.JPG

It's not what I think, it's what you think. It would take a Gerald Wingrove to do what you are attempting. Here are two front views of the very car you are trying to replicate. I can pick up 5, possibly 7 differences. Who can find them? First pic, your car.

5b11b3b579b49_Screenshotfrom2018-05-3119-27-55.png.657edb541f1313540b8b4d08a41e03ee.png

Then the real car. 

1096057-1536.jpg.10d2ab8629e84fa16c89b9eec45804f8.jpg

Selection_393.jpeg.86bb3dcf755dc081cec2561252c74460.jpeg

Watching you develop your model makes me wonder about all the decisions that had to be made by the builders of the original real car. Probably a lot of heated discussions,torn up design idea sketches etc before the final design was decided on.

• 2 weeks later...

After a review of some issues in the front of the model, I'm back in the saddle and ridin' it hard again. I've made a jig to hold the headlight buckets in an exact position to embed them in the fenders. Next reshaping the fenders to fit and placing the fog lights, again with a jig.

DSCN8413.JPG

I have received the seat and door panels and am quite pleased with them. They are printed in Shapeway's smooth detailed material and in the photo have a light coat of primer on them but have not been sanded.

DSCN8422.JPG

DSCN9960.JPG