Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Have for Dinner?

This is the exact recipe that I use for my red sauce. :)

The only addition is fresh chopped basil.

I usually omit the sausage, but my meatball recipe includes ground beef, ground pork and ground Italian sausage.

Everyone loves Clemenza's sauce!

Steve

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JollySipper said:

For a late snack........ some pastrami and swiss on honey wheat bread with Sun Chips, which are really good and good FOR you.......

SDC10987.JPG.f254318ccd9c5806f219a53e4506c5d2.JPG

Did you forget the Boetje's mustard? :blink:

I love this stuff!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steve

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Did you forget the Boetje's mustard? :blink:

I love this stuff!!!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steve

I will have to look for this. I like the whole grain mustards. When Aldi does German Week, I stock up on their Whole grain & the Beer Mustard is quite good too.

img_9509-1024x768.jpg

Pretty sure that you can find the Boetje's in most grocery stores.

If I can find it in Fargo North Dakota, you can find it anywhere! :D

I like it because it's a little "sweeter" than a lot of mustards.

By that I mean the vinegar level seems to be lower so that the mustard flavor seems more pronounced.

It's also got a lot of heat, so you have to go light.....unless you need to really clean out the sinuses! :D

Steve

1 hour ago, RSchnell said:

I will have to look for this. I like the whole grain mustards. When Aldi does German Week, I stock up on their Whole grain & the Beer Mustard is quite good too.

img_9509-1024x768.jpg

We have an Aldi store in a neighboring town, I'll have to check their selection on the next trip!

I'm cooking out, before they institute a fire ban for the summer.  IMHO the only way to cook a steak is on Mesquite.  I'm a very simple man, slab of meat, and sliced potatoes.  I know a couple of spots where I can harvest the firewood.
IMG_8513.thumb.jpeg.d73621fa4c31a5643ab38771a4b8f4e0.jpeg
IMG_8487.thumb.jpeg.7537389bd2a19c1f0cc3b2afcc5df066.jpeg

On 4/29/2024 at 4:11 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

One of my wife’s favorites.

Chicken Piccata.

Spaghetti with toasted garlic and Parmigiana, and a chop salad with honey Dijon dressing.

Cold Highlife to wash it down. 😊

6885AFFC-DBC8-4A49-BAFD-D641FBCB6332.thumb.jpeg.c9f0e12bd138896cdcd7c792394db322.jpeg571BEF41-A6EC-4EE2-A87F-A0B6D344683F.thumb.jpeg.74a1373b4da9dd9081423bb0ab07578b.jpeg

Steve

Looks scrumptious Steve....are you the designated cook in the family?

Big ol' arugula, spinach, Boston lettuce and to-mater salad, with one glass of a very nice cabernet sauvignon.

Back on the lose-the-winter-lard routine, 'cause I'm just not taking the time to exercise enough to burn it off fast.

The trick is, of course, to not eat anything else later. But adults are s'posed to have a measure of self-discipline, right?   ;)

EDIT: OK...I had 1/2 pound of fresh fat juicy sweet strawberries too. I'm so healthy it hurts.  B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

4 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Looks scrumptious Steve....are you the designated cook in the family?

Yes.

I tend to think that I’m a better modeler than a chef, but I do like to do a little cooking when I have the urge.

This is the type of food that I really love!

Last weekend I made a big pot of Jambalaya! 😋

5DCDA299-EBF1-43A6-B456-85D7DABA0AD3.thumb.jpeg.64dcec7af075f1041fc2c05d86b21fdb.jpeg

Steve

• Like 2

Chicken fricassee Spanish style. Easy to make and one pot, made yellow rice on the side.

I used 5 drumsticks, 4 big Perdue thighs cut in half. Skin on... part of what makes the sauce.

6 to 8 cloves of garlic, pressed. A medium onion chopped, red and orange bell peppers chopped, couple of minced jalapeños. Capers, not too many. Half a jar of green olives, a bay leaf. I really don't measure anything.

I'll wash the chicken, cut off any big pieces of fat. I season that with Adobo, oregano and basil. I added some fresh cilantro at the last minute. No added salt since the capers and olives are salty. I add black pepper.

Then EVERYTHING goes into a gallon ziploc bag, store overnight in the fridge. 

I use an 8 quart Farberware pot, coat the bottom with olive oil, put everything from the bag in the pot. Add one small can of tomato sauce.

Cook on medium heat, do not let it burn or stick to the bottom of the pot. I turn it down after about 15 to 20 minutes. Total cooking time is 50 minutes to an hour.

One day I will show you guys how to make perfect white rice.

20240509_182209.jpg

20240509_182204.jpg

20240502_193406.jpg