Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Have for Dinner?

Thin spaghetti with homemade pesto, shaved parmesan garnish, fresh-cracked black pepper, and a surprisingly good 2019 Yellowtail chardonnay...organic blueberries and strong black coffee to finish. 

I'm so glad I can cook.   B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Grilled burger with pastrami and Tillamook cheddar, Annie's Macaroni and Cheese ( because my wife is still on the opposite coast and can't glare at me) and a salad.

20230603_190657.thumb.jpg.0f914fc1f60c2eea9174718d35050554.jpg

Edited by Calb56
Typo
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Corned beef brisket, with potatoes and lentils cooked in the pot, and sour cream on the side.

Never did one before, and my primitive cooking situation isn't conducive to haute cuisine...one huge propane burner that's also my heat, one toaster oven, and a microwave...but man oh man, that was one of THE best meals I've ever had.

Pretty decent Australian Yellow Tail Big Bold Red with it, cheap screwtop, but surprisingly well-rounded and complex...perfect for a hearty meaty dish.

And there's plenty for dinner all weekend, and sammiges next week.  B)

• Like 3

My wife and I just got back from a day trip to Tucson.

On our way home, we stopped at Weinerschnitzl and brought home 5 chili dogs and a large order of chili fries topped with bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing.

It's gonna cost me later, but it was sooooooooooooo good !

• Like 2

Our Valentine’s Day dinner.

Lobster Thermidor, Steak Diane, Baked Potatoes with Butter, Sour Cream and Bacon, and Roasted, Carrots, Broccoli and Mushrooms.

And a Flourless Chocolate Cake with Fresh Raspberry Sauce and Whipped Cream for dessert.

4D867800-E2D8-403D-8C15-D3D428AC19CD.thumb.jpeg.1224fca90b2df7089f7cbf98849326b7.jpeg313B5AE2-F1A0-40E4-AD11-B4BD3F45C13F.thumb.jpeg.679762dc3926ea5d2251f1b077c503ae.jpegA58B6685-5EB4-49EE-B34A-D602F3C2C37C.thumb.jpeg.dedc959b03a0e8024b1ec789da299eb7.jpeg

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I just made up a red sauce, 6-7 quarts worth and it came out great. I put in 4 large chicken thighs (browned first), a pound of hot sausage, 24 or so pre-made meat balls, a package of pork neck bones. Of course around 10 cloves of pressed garlic, one large onion grated, 2 peeled carrots to cut the acid, oregano and basil, bay leaves, a grated large jalapeno pepper, 4 anchovies chopped. 2 cans of tomato paste, 4 cans of crushed tomatoes. 

I brought some over to my girlfriend;s house for Sunday dinner, she made pasta and I picked up a loaf of bread on the way. I am freezing the bulk of it and using the rest this week. I need to pick up some mozzarella cheese, I have a Jones for shrimp parmesan. I have a set of little pyrex dishes I use for things like this.

• Like 1