Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Reventon...onto the body

Dann Tier

• 2 weeks later...

I will be cutting open several things on the body within the next couple of days. This is a pretty nice kit for a curbside....even though I had to modify quite a bit, but I have one huge issue with it, and that's the fact that its designed to have posable steering, but the fender wells wont allow it. I don't have to have it working, but its the laziness of the whole thing that gets on my wick.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, everyone!, i'm back at this one again! I now have all the vents roughed-open, and I have started cleaning them up.....starting with those front fender vents, which were a major pain to open. Thanks to my new PE saws, I was able to get the job done! I first drilled 3 pilot holes, and then used my keyhole PE saw..

DSCF7764.JPG

DSCF7768.JPG

Hey, everyone!, I actually got all the vents opened!....and now its time to see if I can SB a better -more realistic fuel cap. The molded in one is far too shallow. After that, I can start to final sand all the body parts for painting!!

-Photo 1; Obviously the two main vents needed to be opened, and I left a thin lip to be able to attach the PE ones. In between those vents, is an often missed slot that goes from vent to vent. It actually allows air to flow under the car.....you know I had to open it with my trusty PE saw blade!

-Photo 2; I cut open the heat release vent for the oil cooler...its only on the drivers side.

-Photo 3; It may not look like it right now, but I did open TWO vents on each of these sail-panels, and i'm almost positive that the bits with the attachment holes will be removed for better mesh fitment. I will try to SB the better fuel cap before I cut-out the molded in one.

-Photo 4; On the left are the rear vents, on the right, are the rocker vents for the rear brakes....all four got opened up, ready for the mesh to be attached before painting.

DSCF7775.JPG

DSCF7776.JPG

DSCF7777.JPG

DSCF7778.JPG

Hey, everyone!, I have a pretty neat update!  The molded in petrol cap was molded too shallow, so I decided to see if I could SB my own -better one. I waited to cut-out the inferior one until I knew whether or not I could do it, and low, and behold, I did it!!   It just needs to be final sanded, and kleaned up, and its ready to go!

-Photo 1; This is what Fujimi gives you....

DSCF7787.JPG

...and heres what I came up with....100% better

-Photo 1; I started off using a solid styrene rod with the same diameter of the petrol cap. After drilling a smaller pilot hole in the center, I used a larger bit to drill down shallowly. This will create a lip for the cap to rest on later. The last step after drilling the 6 bolt holes, was to use my Olfa blade to carve-out the center at an angle, to half wat across the bolt holes.

-Photo 2; I used tiny black hose to replicate the bolts...

-Photo 3 & 4; It was time to make the cap itself. Its pretty obvious what I did, but what may be harder to see, is that I sanded all the proper angles on it.

-Photo 5 & 6; the rough finish......time to final sand, and klean it up for painting!

DSCF7779.JPG

DSCF7784.JPG

DSCF7789.JPG

DSCF7790.JPG

DSCF7793.JPG

DSCF7796.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier