Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Bring Out Your Dead" Completion Build--ROUND 2 Is On!

Snake45

4 hours ago, Snake45 said:

NOTE: As is now tradition, we will allow all of New Years Day to complete your build. Just announce before midnight Jan 1 that you're done, and then get a pic or two up in the next couple days and you're good. 

Thank you Snake! I had planned to get my mongrel '55 finished today after some good progress on it yesterday, but that gives me bit more time to do other stuff.

17 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

52BBBB94-DE2C-46FE-A96B-3FE464718286.thumb.jpeg.49bb42a443567ae15f91e05abff5da66.jpeg

Checking in - Jeepster should be done! I may need New Years Day to bring ‘er all the way home!

While working, I got distracted by a really bad glue bomb in my Jeep parts box.. so I got a companion done too!

Good to see the Jeepster getting close to the finish line Tom, along with its little friend.

As far as my entry is concerned I've gotter done. ? There may have been a gap of eight years between the build stalling and starting up again but it's nice to have it finished at last.

50783429793_01449c27e8_c.jpgDSCF1925 by timothy jones, on Flickr

50783413343_d8c0b5ae3c_c.jpgDSCF1919 by timothy jones, on Flickr

50784186766_0b1917053c_c.jpgDSCF1923 by timothy jones, on Flickr

I've already got a couple of candidates lined up for the next round that I should be able to finish quickly. 

Congrats TimJ, our second completion! GOTTER DONE! B)

Spottedlaurel, looks like I'll join you in finishing up tomorrow. I made great progress today and then came down with a terrible case of "I'll do it tomorrow" fever. Ah shucks oh well. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

Way to go, Tom! Looks good, sir!

6 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Well done Tom! Great to see this one done after seeing it on here a few times over the last few months.

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Done enough to count! Our third completion--GOTTER DONE! Congratulations! B)

Thanks Guys!  Glad to see this one finally done!  After I fix a few minor things I’ll get some good photos for Under Glass

'55 Chevy - GOTTER DONE!

50788746356_9081ac17a2_b.jpg

1:24 Monogram 1955 Chevy kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

50788852892_82d76b81d9_b.jpg

50787988103_096462787a_b.jpg

50788746511_09860b2688_b.jpg

Certainly not one of my better efforts. I could blame the work I did when I started it 25+ years ago, but to be honest I didn't give myself much time to finish it and I just wanted it done.

Ideally I need to work out a way of positively attaching the body and chassis, it's a little vague at present, but I suspect it's more likely that I'll just put it on the shelf in the right position and be pleased it's not in pieces in a box.

Edited by Spottedlaurel

Congrats to all the finishers this round!

Well, having arrived at the end of the year and the close of the current BOYD build thread, I need to admit that my Tall T Coupe has proven to be a Herculean task that remains far from finished. As it’s the second attempt I need to disqualify my build.

6EE59DE9-AC06-4293-9218-7DD858D8E0D2.jpeg.2804aea0836a0ed3d2b13a93508a2064.jpeg

I would still want to take part in the next round with a new entry that is closer to completion, yet has lagged behind for a long time. In fact it’s the build that I used to introduce my self to the Forum back in in October of 2007, fourteen years ago come this October !!!

3558305D-07F2-4C78-A984-A3E007DB8816.jpeg.c397e12bc83268b3201034b32893914a.jpeg

Happy New Year everyone,

Cheers Misha

7 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

If it wasn't for entering it here this would probably have languished in the box for even longer.

That is exactly the point of this whole thread! B)

12 hours ago, TimJ said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what folk have got lined up for the next round.

14 hours ago, Misha said:

I would still want to take part in the next round with a new entry that is closer to completion, yet has lagged behind for a long time.

Will there even be a next round? We barely had enough to make a go of it this time, and only five completions.  If you want a next round, sound off now! :unsure:

14 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Will there even be a next round? We barely had enough to make a go of it this time, and only five completions.  If you want a next round, sound off now! 

I hope there will be. Even though I will be sitting this round out (should it happen, of course), I already have an old project in mind for the round that would begin in March. I love this thread! It's prompted me to finish at least three models that likely would have continued to languish, had I not committed to getting them finished, here. I know it's kept my mind from wandering, so to speak, in that it keeps me focused on the commitment.

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Will there even be a next round? We barely had enough to make a go of it this time, and only five completions.  If you want a next round, sound off now! :unsure:

I have something for the next one. After that I'll have run out of subject matter, B.O.Y.D. has been too successful!