Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/6 Ford 427engine

Hi all I've been eagerly awaiting this since I ordered it with my birthday money and it's finally here

4ubdsp.jpg

2e1bw9e.jpg

It's beautifully packaged, feels like a high quality product.

4kdy8p.jpg

2na70jn.jpg

10epheb.jpg

xf5lsi.jpg

Nothing is attached to sprues it's all in little bags

1zdqhbp.jpg

309klsp.jpg

2li7hat.jpg

rlvtk2.jpg

205dp1g.jpg

The one little gripe I have with it is Revell partly assemble it for you like this for instance

earr0w.jpg

2rnvaet.jpg

There are a few other parts pre assembled.

Problem is the engine block is cast so I've got to find a way to disassemble it to make the cast effect on the block, as you can see it looks far too shiney and smooth as it is.

4zt2co.jpg

The kit looks great, i think they made 4 in this series some are no longer in production but I'm going to try and get the full set (I will have to eBay for the rest)

3 hours ago, Deuces said:

I have 3 different versions of this one... I just need the 428 to complete it.....

I'm not sure Liberty Classics cast a 1/6 scale 428. They had the Ford 427 SOHC, Dragster (427 SOHC), Ford 427 (FE), and Shelby Cobra 427 FE. I have all but the Cobra, all versions of the 426 Hemi, and the later Hemi and Ford flathead from Hawk. Kind of lost my mind collecting and building them.

Edited by THarrison351

I have 8 of these 1:6 scale Liberty Classic engines on my shelf.
This one, the Shelby Cobra 427, the Ford 427 SOHC, the Ford 427 SOHC Top Fuel, the NASCAR Dodge 426 Race Hemi, the Mopar 426 Hemi Top Fuel, the Chevy 327 L84 Rochester Fuel Injection and the Chevy 427 L89 Tri Power.
I built all of them except for the Shelby Cobra 427 wich I bought assembled from Summit Racing (I could not find a kit of it), most of the others was from Revell and the Dodge NASCAR Race Hemi came from Lindberg/Hawk.
There were more of these Liberty Classics engines available, a couple more small block Chevys, and Mopar engines wich I don't have.
I also have a 1:4 scale 426 Super Stock Hemi from Hawk and they also gave out another race engine in the same scale called Dodge A990 Race Hemi.

Edited by Force

Hi all I don't have access to a big American car so have had to loosely, and I mean loosely base this on the biggest car I have access to ( my bosses 340sl merccedes)( would have preferred his rolls royce) I've had to be creative with the measurements and this is very simplified, just a framework tho add suspension struts to and stuff.

IMG-20181127-49349.jpg
IMG-20181127-56576.jpg
IMG-20181127-4935.jpg
IMG-20181127-38498.jpg

It is purely to allow me to add some of the many engine connections a couldn't add with the supplied stand. I may not even use this, but and this is a big but, if it looks ok and I can find plans for it maybe I will try to scratch a full 1/6 car to put it in.

Thanks for the suggestions all beyond my abilitys.

Hi all well the engine is nearly complete, I've added a few more details to the engine bay ( these are purely to add interest and not based on any car) as I said I need an engine bay to add the connections to the engine.

IMG-20181201-2294.jpg
IMG-20181201-9931.jpg
IMG-20181201-31435.jpg
IMG-20181201-31714.jpg
IMG-20181201-8816.jpg
IMG-20181201-50980.jpg