Model Cars Magazine Forum

How much have you shrunk?

OldTrucker

On Thanksgiving my boys were talking about everyone's height and where it came from.

Our twin sons are 6' and 6'1" their Big brother is 5'3" their sister is 5'5".

Their mom is 5' (used to be 5'1" ) Me, when I left high school I was 5'10" but after two chopper crashes over 500 jumps out of perfectly good aircraft , jumping down out of cabover trucks and off trailers and a broken back that resulted in a botched surgery I'm now a little over 5'6" .(and 80 pounds heavier) So I have shrunk around 3.5 inches!

Grandma used to tell me I would have been 7 foot tall if I wasn't forever jumping out of trees and off porch and barn roofs and out of hay lofts!:lol:

17 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

In the morning right after I get up, I'm about 1/2" or so shorter than I was in my youth.

At the end of the day, after being hammered down by the endless stupidity everywhere, I feel like I'm about 2 foot eight.

:lol: I hear ya loud and clear on that  Bill!

Not sure how much I've shrunk in 49 years , but one thing's for sure : my shoe size grew a lot over the years ! For years I wore a US Size 9 ; lately I've been buying US Size 11 . My left foot is longer and more narrow than my right foot , which is relatively short-and-wide ( left-side of my body is also longer ; my hair also grows faster and thicker on the left-side ! ).

My mum told me decades ago that people shrink with age . That scared the deuce out of me when I was 8 years old ! Haha ! The reason that it became a topic was because I'd asked about my mum's cousin Mary ( whom was considerably older than my mum , and was ancient to me ! Haha ) , and why she was so short (shorter than me at that time) .