Model Cars Magazine Forum

KDW Garbage Truck, 1/24 Scale

Mike999

Has anyone seen this 1/24 scale die-cast garbage truck made by KDW, in real life?  I did a Google search on the site and didn't find any posts about it.

Came across it accidentally on eBay today.  It appears to originate in China, and I guess the truck is some kind of generic Chinese vehicle.  It looks sort of toyish. But that garbage body...complete with Dumpster!...sure looks like it's just begging for some detailing and weathering.

Quite a few eBay vendors are selling these, mostly from China.  Here's a listing from a U.S. seller,  $32.39 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pc-KDW-G-Scale-1-24-Diecast-Material-Transporter-Garbage-Trucks-KDW-Model-Toys/153189167160

kdw-garb.jpg

Edited by Mike999
omit

I looked at that on a review video on YouTube recently, and though the boy doing the review meant well, it wasn’t 1/24 as he thought it was - and I wish it was. 1/50 seems more like it. The listing says 21cm long - if that’s true, then it’s not 1/24. It would be great if it was, though.

I bought a “1/24” bmx bike on eBay from one of those really cheap outfits from Asia, and it was more close to 1/12 scale. Ridiculous. Glad it was only $3 or so.

Edited by vincen47

The cab is a Mack MR cab- M= style R= refuse chassis and cab variations.

It is not 1/24th scale maybe 1/24 mm:o It is small and around 1/43rd to 1/32. I had a friend buy one and returned it due to inaccurate advertising

got his money back.

The M cab for refuse had a standard drivers door the same as the commercial cab and the passenger door had a sliding larger window for visibility

greg

Yep, disappointed again.  Thanks to everybody for the heads-up.

Took a closer look at the listing, which says 75mm x 50mm x 210mm.  Or in inches, 2.95 H x 1.97 W x 8.3 L.  Nowhere close to 1/24.  As Tom Waits said, "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away..."

Edited by Mike999
omit