Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey Look!!, Its Another Ford GT WIP Thread

martinfan5

Finally getting around getting mine built  , so lets get to it

The plan, yes, I am know, is blue, you didnt see that one coming did ya?

1-vi.jpg

Paint is Ford Liquid Blue from Scalefinishes

P1030153-vi.jpg

Taped up all the body bits

P1030381small-vi.jpg

P1030382small-vi.jpg

Look at the chassis, its been painted with Mr Surfacer and Graphite Met

P1030470small-vi.jpg

And the engine detail, just need to apply some decals

P1030473small-vi.jpg

The rear suspension setup in progress, paint with MM Metalizer Aluminum.

P1030477small-vi.jpg

On 3/15/2019 at 3:54 AM, Tommy124 said:

I didn't see one model finished in Liquid Blue so far, to be honest. Looking forward to see you progress on this!

Ive seen a few in so far in Blue, but not Liquid Blue, I am looking forward to seeing it too

I have made some progress, so let's take a look at what I have done so far.

Starting with the chassis

P1030482small-vi.jpg

Working on the front clip

P1030483small-vi.jpg

And now front clip and rear suspension are a part of the chassis plate

P1030521small-vi.jpg

And semi mock up, because who doesnt love mock ups?

P1030530small-vi.jpg

P1030531small-vi.jpg

And getting one step closer to paint , I normally darken the panel lines before primer, this time I waited till after, whoops.

SnapShot0-vi.jpg

On this day, the paint god like person said, let there be paint , first coat of paint.

P1030556small-vi.jpg

P1030558small-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys.

Two steps forward, one step back, first, the steps forward

Interior,  just did the basics on it

P1030664small-vi.jpg

P1030665small-vi.jpg

The chassis is pretty much done at this point

P1030676small-vi.jpg

P1030677small-vi.jpg

And how a mock up?, everyone loves a mock up shot

P1030634small-vi.jpg

And now the one step back, about a week ago, clear coated the body, but my 2k clear got contaminated and the clear coat had a lot debris, too much that wet sanding was going to fix, and I let the 2k clear dry for about 24 hours so its long process of getting it stripped, I am in the home stretch.

I was a bit put off by the looks of this car at first, but now it's growing on me. Lookin' good so far Jonathan and you've had a run in with "Murphy's Law" unfortunately. :(

I know that feeling and painting believe it or not is not one of my favorite things. I'd much rather be building things up and painting I like to leave for dead last if possible.

Progress, and its the good time , second time is the one that worked,  new coat of paint/clear , got the clear on last night, it still has a few spots that I need to address, but its much better than the first time , I am going to let it cure for another day or so and then get starting on the wet sanding the areas that need attention.  Maybe bu the end of the weekend I can this one done.

P1030198small-vi.jpg

On 3/27/2019 at 10:42 PM, MrObsessive said:

I was a bit put off by the looks of this car at first, but now it's growing on me. Lookin' good so far Jonathan and you've had a run in with "Murphy's Law" unfortunately. :(

I know that feeling and painting believe it or not is not one of my favorite things. I'd much rather be building things up and painting I like to leave for dead last if possible.

I was too Bill, I didnt really care for it either, but its growing me as well, and I cant to build the second one I have planned, just waiting on the decals to get finished.  That is pretty much my life as a builder, I am lucky when things do right,  as its more normal for things to go wrong,  as for the clear, I knows what going,  I am not cleaning the top area on bottle so the hardener is drying , locking the cap on, so when I break take the cap off, pieces of hardener are falling down into the fresh hardener.   I got some strainers and that helped a lot, as I the pint of hardener is brand new, I dont want to have to replace it.  

I understand why its not your favorite thing,  I used to feel the same way, and now I enjoy it for most part, just not when things go wrong,  well, I dont enjoy painting bodies with spray cans.   Painting is one those things that does make or break a model , or how it looks.