Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Model Air Conditioning Parts

I've been looking for 1/25 scale air-conditioning system parts. Especially compressors and the belts that hold them, since those are usually the most visible A/C parts.

I didn't find many.  Anybody know of any other car and truck kits with A/C setups in 1/25 or 1/24 scale?  Is anyone making these parts in resin or 3D printing?

Here's what I found:

AMT, original - searching on this board, I learned that some 1960's AMT kits had a one-piece, under-dash a/c system.

AMT\ERTL
'62 T-Bird
'66 Olds 442 (convertible kit only)
'69 El Camino

REVELL-MONOGRAM:
'59 Cadillac
'00 Ford F-100 in the Harley-Davidson Limited Edition package (with Harley and trailer)

A/C units seem to be like a lot of things lacking under the hoods of 60-70's kits.  You know, stuff like shock tower braces, washer fluid reservoirs, brake boosters and master cylinders, coolant overflow tanks, voltage regulators, coils, starter relays, lower radiator hoses, stuff like that.  At least some of these parts started showing up in newer kits in the 80's but of course never in any resissues of older kits that did not have any of these "extras."

Didn't the 69 Hurst Olds have A/C. Seems to me an "Executive Hot Rod" would have come with it - standard. 

Also, maybe the 87 Buick Grand National, 86 Monte Carlo SS, 87 Tbird Turbo Coupe, 89 Pontiac Grand Prix, 87-up Mustang GT Convertible, 89 up Tbird SuperCoupe and Cougar. 84up Corvette (Monogram)

I'm away from the stash right now, but A/C can be different things in different models.  You may need to be more specific in your want.  For example, the Revell 65-66 have GM/s compressor, etc. for the era.  Same with other kits.

Older A/C Delcos:
ACDelco 15-20514 Professional Air Conditioning Compressor, Remanufactured

81iLGOc26JL._SL1500_.jpg

And then there is the (I'll use the term) "generic piston type compressor used in Vintage Air type setups and OEM on some older vehicles

VTA-047002-MUR_SJ.jpg?rep=True

The Foose FD-100 and, as already mentioned, Revell 32 Fords optional Ford V8 appear to have the latter (though I would have to get back home to check how accurate.

The Revell Impalas with the BBC have the first pictured period type A/C compressor:
image.png.1b0e279f24d9cb35fc66274f580b1116.png

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Thanks for the responses, everybody!  For those interested, here's a detailed, 2-part history of car A/C systems from Curbside Classic. Part I covers factory air before WWII, Part 2 aftermarket systems:

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/automotive-histories/cold-comfort-history-of-automotive-air-conditioning-part-1-pre-world-war-ii/

Edited by Mike999

• 2 years later...

The 1/25 Revell Cadillac Lowrider has a basic A/C compressor and the pulley is molded as one with the belt and the other pulleys:

RevellCadillacLowriderEngine.thumb.jpg.ddb24a92f8b44d728be2e5a091ef27d5.jpg

1/24 Monogram/Revell '37 Ford also has a basic A/C compressor:

mono37ford.png.9dcfd9f22fc88d70c62e5ab6b59900b0.png

On 3/17/2019 at 10:30 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Also, 86 Monte Carlo SS

Yes:

Mono2731ChevyMonteCarloSS3-vi.jpg.bf88ead8f8f039a24a0c5684184f5a75.jpg