Model Cars Magazine Forum

359 / tanker combo

Hey Guys, been a while since I have had something to post, but recently I have been getting my styrene on. I wanted something a little different than a petroleum tanker, and for those of you in the Phoenix area, suburbs anyway, EPCOR is one of the water utilities there. I used some SUNOCO decals I had for awhile to cut out the logos, (each 'O' is 10 pieces), and for the trailer stripes as well. The tractor stripes are from Jerry at Modeltruckin. Moebius wheel sets, and a little extra wheelbase, and TADA.

image.png.625fc183a478281a66f0fe34135bbc1b.png

image.thumb.png.49d7b81ceb12a29b355c6792eb530f56.png

image.thumb.png.36639eed105ae13448380ab2148c82d3.png

image.thumb.png.0c0b39bb5bf34d296f4dbc903f42cfd2.png

Edited by purepmd

Thank you Gentlemen, I appreciate all the kind words.

DJ, you are so right, maintaining a perfect arc, with wedges of decal film, is an experience.

Jurgen, that occurred to me as well. After seeing a couple of Peterbilt factory photos of all white, frame and all, and thought 'why not'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 3:54 AM, purepmd said:

Hey Guys, been a while since I have had something to post, but recently I have been getting my styrene on. I wanted something a little different than a petroleum tanker, and for those of you in the Phoenix area, suburbs anyway, EPCOR is one of the water utilities there. I used some SUNOCO decals I had for awhile to cut out the logos, (each 'O' is 10 pieces), and for the trailer stripes as well. The tractor stripes are from Jerry at Modeltruckin. Moebius wheel sets, and a little extra wheelbase, and TADA.

image.png.625fc183a478281a66f0fe34135bbc1b.png

image.thumb.png.49d7b81ceb12a29b355c6792eb530f56.png

image.thumb.png.36639eed105ae13448380ab2148c82d3.png

image.thumb.png.0c0b39bb5bf34d296f4dbc903f42cfd2.png

Mark hi. Once again great job. I am working on using the Moebius wheels on a Revell KW W900 Snap kit. So quick question on the Moebius set did you have to drill out the front wheels to fit the axle? I think the rears will fit the Revell drive axles with no issue just like the kit set.

Edited by JerseeJerry55

• 2 weeks later...

A big Thank You to all who have viewed and responded to this post. I appreciate the feedback.

Jerry, the Moebius wheels are a little small for the axle pins on the Revell axles. The conical lock for the snap together assembly method is just on the far side of forcing it together. Now I did mine the hard way, I wrapped the pins with some 180 grit auto body sand paper. and worked it back an forth until the wheels slid on. At first, I just snipped off the lock, but that makes the disappear under the fenders way to far. The total you need to remove is, probably, .020, give or take a bit. Not much, but enough to complicate things if you don't.

Hope this helps.

Mark.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...