Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/2 backwards cars

A.k.a reversed greenhouse sections. I had fun building my 1/2 backwards VW Beetle since it ends up looking so comically bizarre. However, the treatment is not my original idea, I've seen it done over the years to some success (or not) in my various rummages though custom car images in the internet.  This backwards Vette is one I found & copied years ago. The person did quite a bit of photo altering of a common photo image, but I completely forget the website or blog where the alteration appears.

639177156_backwardsCorvette.jpg.99384eee2ce5e037c128c653c54d8b35.jpg

I've also bookmarked a few image links, such as one for a reversed Testarossa, which is sorta there, but still needs more lots alteration to make the image less goofy.

Chiapparossa.jpg.538e220337e5fc4cf80fe0b333a65d37.jpg

This Sub5Zero site had a thread on reversed cars, including a New Beetle which I don't actually remember seeing, but it doesn't actually look all that good. All of the images there don't go to the effort of recoloring the signal lights, and many are lackluster overall, but I thought the reversed Maserati had especially good potential.

1097347157_backwardMaserati.jpg.991b93ba4177a0547f005b26fc54da31.jpg

Here's a different thread with some other images and some repeats from the above thread

And I did one BMW M6 reverse image myself years back where I went to the extra effort to color the marker lights properly. Who knows what the "new" headlights would look like …

1584624924_backwardM6.jpg.8f2d3183ab39b19f0e4e7fd898115c71.jpg

So, feel free to add in other pics here, or your own ideas if you want to try 'em out. Can be made to work on convertibles with tastefully repositioned windshields, such as Claude Thibodeau's reversed Avanti.

• 1 year later...