Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maverick Pro Stock/Match Racer

Codi

Sorry to hear this. The Carpal tunnel is normally not a big deal, both myself and my wife have had the surgery. She was back to work the next day typing, but I was about a week and a half before I could do anything significant, but some use of the hand pretty much from the second day, and just under a month back to close to normal.  The nerve thing I have no experience with. Here's hoping for your speedy recovery, keep us informed.

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much everyone and hope you had the best that Christmas has to offer.   Just a note to Dave (comp1839) that Santa's a little miffed and told the elves to get to work making him a sleigh just like yours!   cheers, tim

• 3 weeks later...

Vohelpe -(wilson) made them myself.......thanks for looking.  tim

Thanks Mike for also checking it out............hopefully sooner than later.  cheers

Hi Charlie, I won't bother everyone one what's been going on.  I'm as disappointed at my complete lack of progress at this date.  My hand surgeries were postponed for a month (mid-Feb now) because of some back issue that blew up on me.  Appreciate your thoughts and I'm determined to at least get back for a few hours a week to keep the mojo going..........came too far on this build to just stop right now.   cheers to you as well!   tim

• 2 months later...

Hello Ian,

I just looked at the date of your post..........days afterward, I had to rush my mother to the hospital where they discovered she had stage 4 cancer.  She passed away at home 11 days later on Feb. 3.   Since then, it's been challenging taking care of her funeral, estate and selling her home.  Monday will mark an important date as we close on her house that day.  We were close and she'll be greatly missed.

A fellow forum member, Dave Ryberg has been a boost mentally & emotionally for me and he's stopped by on a couple of occasions to "talk shop" which truly brings a smile to my face.  There have been a few others on the forum that have asked how I'm doing and they too have been most supportive.......I'm grateful to all.    I want to get back to building now and if possible, I'll hold off on my hand surgeries till next winter.

Cheers to one and all,

Tim

Dear Tim, I am so sorry to read in your last message that you lost your mother this way, this disease is terrible and unforgiving.  We always want the most peaceful departure possible for our loved ones, but we are never fully prepared for this inevitable stage of life.

I am lucky to still have my 2 parents, my dad celebrated his 92nd birthday this week but I almost lost my mom last week to a sudden heart attack.  One day or another I will have to go through this difficult moment like you, so I want to express my deepest condolences to you.

Now take good care of yourself and your health, I hope to see your magic again soon because your work inspires me to the highest degree.

Francis

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Good afternoon Everyone,

First let me say thanks for all of the sincere sentiments expressed with regards to the last year+ of "life".  I finally got serious and sat down to pick up where I'd left off on the hood scoop. The top part of the scoop was machined out of aluminum and the base was a parts box plastic piece that I had to split and modify to get the look I wanted.  Underneath the scoop is the plenum piece with the twin cut outs for the Autolite in-line carbs.  The hood that you see on the car was cut out today from one of the donor Johan Maverick Promo models.  I've tet to join the hood to the scoop but that will be forthcoming.  Couple mock-up pics to share too. It's feels good to finally post something (can't believe I remembered how to) and I look forward to being a regular contributor to the forum once more.  Cheers to all, Tim

DSC_0020Copy-th.jpg.7e2ba2bc6dd8fe79b24b69a917d7bc04.jpg

DSC_0028Copy-th.jpg.a8bcd5a381f6acc8b836e57e9b47494b.jpg

DSC_0021Copy-th.jpg.d111be0fec4ad62c0a71287f04222bfb.jpg

DSC_0026Copy-th.jpg.cd0fea114f070e6697964451e115121c.jpg

DSC_0032Copy-th.jpg.58eb3aeb8d3ad38899d62c5b913b345d.jpg

DSC_0033Copy-th.jpg.19437a0d6357b24d12d0c13c8a93d0ea.jpg

DSC_0007Copy-th.jpg.5136cb03fb538aaef982ac27f16d3b5b.jpg

DSC_0005Copy3-th.jpg.c1b3869272a8c81e9e4f9898830e42f7.jpg

DSC_0004Copy-th.jpg.6ed4bbe45aafb63bafe89815cb51b80b.jpg

DSC_0001Copy3-th.jpg.e3029e442b4d5035d12876ccc5d2f7db.jpg

• Like 2

Randy, I saw your progress on the Birdcage........I'm humbled sir.  Gotta knock the rust off a bit but you're panel beating skills just can't be beat.   Appreciate your comments too.   cheers, tim

Art, always a pleasure to hear from you too. I'm hopeful to have more to share sooner than later.  cheers

Daniel, yes, "more of the normal" please.   🙂  cheers, tim

Ace, thanks for taking a peek at the build, hopefully what's coming for her will put a big ol' smile on your face (and mine too...we'll see)  cheers, tim

• Like 1