Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari F50

bh1701

7 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

That's a killer finish on this f50!

Thanks! The kit was molded in yellow and I intended to leave it that way;  but when I painted the black on the underside of the engine compartment lid, it visibly showed through the plastic and darkened the appearance of the yellow on the outside. So, I decided I needed to prime it and throw some paint (some shade of yellow from Tamiya) on it to prevent this. Painting it Ferrari red briefly crossed my mind, but I thought that the yellow was more eye-catching. I am glad I stayed with yellow!

On 10/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, bh1701 said:

Thanks! The kit was molded in yellow and I intended to leave it that way;  but when I painted the black on the underside of the engine compartment lid, it visibly showed through the plastic and darkened the appearance of the yellow on the outside. So, I decided I needed to prime it and throw some paint (some shade of yellow from Tamiya) on it to prevent this. Painting it Ferrari red briefly crossed my mind, but I thought that the yellow was more eye-catching. I am glad I stayed with yellow!

Excatly the same thing happened to me! but I made this kit donkey's years ago - and I didn't want to spray it! so mine has a dark shade for the engine cover! your's looks fantastic though. Many people don't like this car, as it's not as visually appealing as teh F40. But I love it! and the GT version was my favourite on Xbox Forza when I had time to game....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...