Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XJ220

bh1701

You did a nice job on this Jag which I always thought was a very good looking car. I built one of these AMT kits many years ago and in retrospect it was a surprisingly good kit but kind of surprising it was from AMT although when you think of it there were many other surprising releases from AMT back in the 1990's !!

7 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

You did a nice job on this Jag which I always thought was a very good looking car. I built one of these AMT kits many years ago and in retrospect it was a surprisingly good kit but kind of surprising it was from AMT although when you think of it there were many other surprising releases from AMT back in the 1990's !!

I agree. It was a well-engineered kit. One of the other AMT kits from the 90's that I recently built was their Dodge Viper. That kit was well-designed, too!

1878234647_ViperModel(7).JPG.863d6b8288017b30fade28aeeefc0db8.JPG

Edited by bh1701
Spelling

41 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

You made it look good!!!!!

Kinda a odd kit for AMT at the time..........I recall when they raced the real car on NASCAR type short tracks....and beat them up!

Dave..the race series was called Fast Masters and was a made for television series featuring retired drivers over 50. It ran in 1993 and featured  many racers from all forms of racing.  I had the opportunity to talk to George Follmer  (one of the participants) about it and he was none to happy about how it was run or managed. It would seem he had one race all locked up until David Pearson decided to intentionally punt him into the wall. Suffice to say George did not spare the expletives. Check it out on Google if you are interested. Some good history. 

2 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

A really good looking Jaguar.  Did the windows come tinted or did you add the tint?

The windows came tinted. Makes it pretty hard to see the black interior! After I completed it, I wished that I would have cut the "door windows" out so you'd be able to see inside the interior better.

I have both the Tamiya, and this AMT Jag, and i must say that you did a FANTASTIC job on this build!!!, but also, other than wheel, and tyre size, tailights, and a bit of details, this kit IS VERY nice, and even has some really neat details that Tamiyas doesnt have, like the bonnet opening with decent detail inside. I will be building mine within the next few years. Again, WELL DONE!!!