Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat 131 Abarth

Hey JC....this is going to be really fun watching you build this bad boy. One thing though...I don't see any of the pics that you loaded for the headers. There's  a JPG address in place of the pics but not linkable....I thought it might be on my end...but not really sure....

2 hours ago, dublin boy said:

Never seen twin pipes all the way down the same system  going through two silencers before JC.

I can only assume it's accurate knowing you.

Anything was possible in 1970's Italy. lol

Watch this video Shay at the 1:44 mark you see the exhaust system laying on the ground.  My header isn't as elaborate as the 1:1 but it does have twin pipes leading into the silencer.

Edited by afx

12 hours ago, Gary Davis said:

Hey JC....this is going to be really fun watching you build this bad boy. One thing though...I don't see any of the pics that you loaded for the headers. There's  a JPG address in place of the pics but not linkable....I thought it might be on my end...but not really sure....

Thanks Gary.  I can see all my posted photos so it may be on your end.

2v2H1YeFhxHzrnL.jpg

Edited by afx

2 hours ago, Gary Davis said:

Hey JC...yep...the problem was on my end. I can see ALL of your pics now. This is really looking good my friend. I enjoy watching your work....tremendously.

Glad you got it sorted out Gary.  We need to see more of your great projects on here.

I have been debating with myself for days about my wheel choice. 

• I know I don't want to use the kit Cromodora wheels (far left) that come in the kit. There is an aftermarket version of this wheel that is much nicer but everyone uses this wheel on their 131 build.
  • The middle set is my attempt to recreate the Campagnolo, my favorite wheel used on the 131.  I modified Fujimi's Hayashi Street wheel to create these.
  • Far right is Scale Production's Campagnolo wheel.  The spoke and reinforcing web are accurate for the 131 and very nice.  However the hub isn't concave and it's 5-lug.  Regardless it is the wheel I have settled on.

2v2H1qbtCxHzrnL.jpga5e1b446624f86e34343f333a5f54db6.jpg

On 3/17/2020 at 2:15 PM, Belugawrx said:

Nice job altering those 4 lug Campagnolo's JC..why not use those ..?

Thanks Bruce. The spoke and web reinforcement is more accurate on the Scale Production wheel and that is more important to me.

Edited by afx

18 hours ago, porschercr said:

JC,

Looks Great!

Trevor

16 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Everything is looking FANTASTIC as usual, Bud!!!!

6 hours ago, slusher said:

Have to agree it is looking great!

Thanks Guys.

16 hours ago, dublin boy said:

Nice.

Thanks Shay.  Found this film I assume Fiat made of them developing the 131 Abarth (I can't read Italian).  I enjoyed it, you might too.

Edited by afx