Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Buick GS.

Geno

Waiting on detail items to wrap up the interior and engine. Don't know if anyone else has tried this. I was trying to figure out the best way to paint the gas tank since it is in such a tight area between the frame rails. I used BMF and trimmed around it. I think it gives it a more realistic look versus painting it. Thanks for looking. Any added insight, ideas, thoughts or even criticism is welcome lol. If it helps I'm open.?

20200419_113420.jpg

20200419_114445.jpg

20200419_122207.jpg

Thanks guys, I certainly appreciate the kind words. Thanks for the info Tim, I'll get the straps painted. I had considered the woodgrain console but I saw one at a local car show that was all black and liked the look, that's why I went that route. That's what got me wanting to do a GS.?

Edited by Geno

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick suggestion if you don't mind.  See the two gray "squares" at the front of the air cleaner?  Hit 'em with some flat clear.  They're a kind of hard foam designed to seal up against the bottom side of the hood's air intake holes. 

bb14.jpg.003e6248d613da1eabd63f16aa141a31.jpg

I'm still nuts about the body color you chose.  Really makes this build stand out.