Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Aeromax 120

Looks great Thomas, I've had one for several years, but I keep passing by as the multi-piece cab looks rather intimidating. Your finished product (especially the color) is giving me inspiration to have a go at it (after all, I was able to put the AMT Freightliner on the road...even in the driver gets rain drips in sleeper).

Thanks so much, all comments are appreciated!

On 9/30/2020 at 7:49 AM, Bills72sj said:

Nice truck. What is the story with the gap between the cab and the sleeper?

I have no idea. I built the kit strictly OOB.

On 9/30/2020 at 12:19 AM, vincen47 said:

That’s a color you don’t see much, what paint is that? Nice look.

It is a wild mixture of Revell and Humbrol metallics, mainly copper, gold and grey.

I have one of these kits in progress too. The cab to sleeper fit is odd, but I think it is the same on the 1:1 truck also. The cab is just like the Louisville cab and so the sleeper is kind of an afterthought. In the picture of the real truck you can see that there is a gap between the cab and the sleeper.

Great job on this build, the color is a great fit for this era of truck. Looks great. 

ford-aeromax-120-11.jpg

On 10/6/2020 at 9:46 PM, Oldmopars said:

I have one of these kits in progress too. The cab to sleeper fit is odd, but I think it is the same on the 1:1 truck also. The cab is just like the Louisville cab and so the sleeper is kind of an afterthought. In the picture of the real truck you can see that there is a gap between the cab and the sleeper.

Great job on this build, the color is a great fit for this era of truck. Looks great. 

ford-aeromax-120-11.jpg

AAB89FFD-6B4F-47FA-A9FD-972FDF0C34A5.thumb.jpeg.a4aa79a5b5b784a3a983e04a1570257d.jpeg