Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone deal with Motor City Resin Casters?

4 hours ago, TooOld said:

Robert and Scott , I understand your concerns and can only say to continue to have patience . If you've read the previous few posts you know the issues and that Jeff is filling orders as best he can , be polite in your emails and also try messaging him here on the forum . I received my two trans kits from him almost two years to the day from when I ordered them , yes it was hard waiting that long but in the end it was worth it ! 

I have not sent any emails to MCRC and have been waiting patiently for the items I ordered.  I understand the situation, especially after getting some insight from someone close to the situation.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I placed an order with Jeff in July for a Ford Torino Wagon, he happily took my money and gave an estimate of 8-10 weeks. It is now October 4 months later and still no kit, not to mention the repeated ignored emails. The only times I heard from him was when I first paid for the order, than in mid August he claimed his herniated disc’s in his back were aggravated, I emailed  every week and was ignored, finally in September heard from Jeff to be told the exact same excuse with no update on the order. It has been over a month since the last correspondence and he has consistently ignored my emails.

as far as it seems he is a thief and has absolutely no intention of shipping or filling the order.

2nd email sent to them in the last 2 days. Still no reply. Let's see what happens. If they are truly out of business, they should at least take their website down and stop taking orders. If you want to give them a piece of your mind, here is the address: motorcityresin@hotmail.com 

• Haha 1

Just got an email from them. This Jeff Ballard told me he was sorry and that he was dealing with a bad back and would get the kit out ASAP. It was only after I told him I wanted my money back that I got any kind of answer. 

I'll keep you posted.

I have wrote off my order to him. I know I’m never going to get my 70 ford galaxie. I hope he had fun with my money. It’s been going on three years now. His Facebook account has not had any action for over a year. Give it up motor city resin is gone and if you send them money you will not get what you want. 

On 10/5/2022 at 11:30 AM, Mike C. said:
7 hours ago, Mike C. said:

Still no El Camino. Starting to get old.

If you want to give them a piece of your mind, here is the address: motorcityresin@hotmail.com 

did you give them a piece of your mind ?

• 2 weeks later...

Patience by definition - The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble or suffering without getting angry or upset.

For me the delay has been since January of 2021 and July of 2021. I think that is more than a fair amount of patience. I have emailed Jeff several times and not a word or update. I would really like to have what I ordered and at a very minimum the decency to be provided an update. The time limit for a PayPal refund has long since expired so that is not an option. I see MCRC is still taking orders which only compounds the problem going forward.

Jeff- Please take care of your customers and deliver the quality product that you make.

2 hours ago, MUTTLY1959 said:

ORDERED A KIT IN JANUARY, HAVE NOT RECEIVED YET, ANYONE HAVE ANY CONTACT INFO FOR MOTOR CITY RESIN CASTERS?

I got it from the website and from the transaction. Not that it did any good. If you are thinking of ordering anything from them, I'll save you some agrivation. Just throw $80 down the toilet and be done with it.

4 minutes ago, Ju Ju said:

I am looking forward to seeing Jeff B. at the Motor City NNL , It is always better to buy in person.

He should sell all his stock at a discount to get the funds to refund anyone that has been waiting more than three months.  To keep taking online customers money without the product in stock or that can be made in a few months and then ignoring their inquiries is dishonest.  Having said that I have bought resin kits from Jeff before online and the wait time was maybe 90 days but that was several years ago.  Perhaps things will turn around with his health but in the mean time his reputation has been permanently tarnished.

Most of the undelivered orders constitutes mail/wire fraud. Esp since product delivery ongoing at shows. 
I’ve seen this happen repeatedly over decades with various vendors. Needs to get same response from wronged customers. 
I don’t know Kevin, so not personal. 

Start here https://www.wikihow.com/Report-Mail-Fraud?amp=1

I can't believe that there are people who think it's reasonable to wait 2 years for a product, with ZERO updates from the seller.

And despite his significant backlog of orders, he still attends shows to sell his product?!

That's pretty audacious.

I bought some parts from MCR a few years ago. Took 6 months, which in itself was a ridiculous amount of time to wait for parts.

The only times I received any contact was if I emailed first. Funny how that works. No contact until the day after I email. On several occasions.

I was ready to cancel the order and reach out to my CC provider to open a dispute and get a refund, but then after my final email, I got a shipped notice. 

When the parts arrived, they were just okay.

Live and learn I guess. 

I've since similar found pieces I have 3D printed. More detail, instant delivery of the file, can have things printed in a matter of hours, significantly less cost.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this. I was on the fence about ordering his great looking '67 Galaxie, but a perfect promo fell out of the sky for not too much more dough, so it's moot now.

Whatever the deal is, I hope he gets his act together. I've heard very good things about the quality, and it's always a shame to lose that.

On 11/4/2022 at 4:22 PM, Ju Ju said:

I am looking forward to seeing Jeff B. at the Motor City NNL , It is always better to buy in person.

Maybe you should get everybody’s name here on the forum and pick up our bodies while you’re there J/K🤣

Edited by catpack68
  • Thanks 1