Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone deal with Motor City Resin Casters?

I ordered a Mustang coupe kit from Jeff at Motor City Resin Casters and haven’t gotten it. Checked on it a couple times and promised it’s on the way. Asked for tracking, no luck no kit. It’s been since May. Getting a little frustrated. Looks like a nice kit, and I want it to build for my son. 

Perry

I have two kits on order from Jeff since early spring and I'm not worried a bit . He fills orders on a first come first served basis and never cuts corners that would hurt the quality of his castings , so a longer wait time can happen .  Take into account that the whole Covid thing is messing with everyone's lives and I'm not surprised that it's taking longer than usual . . . remember he's in Michigan .  Be patient , it's worth the wait . :)

Good to hear. I'm not badmouthing him to be sure. Good to hear that some of you have had no trouble. The quality looks great. It's just that he has said it shipped, and still no kit. I agree, be honest and tell me it's still in process. Hope all is good for him, and his health. I know when I ordered in May he said 8-10 weeks. I was just following up. Looking forward to getting it. Just need to be patient yet. 

Perry

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed again last week, no response now. I wish he'd just tell me if he's behind. If any of you know him, please ask him to be a bit more responsive. I'm not in a rush, but want to know I'm not forgotten.

Thanks,
Perry

I'm not buying the covid-19 or post office issues anymore.

If he ordered in May, and I in June,both getting the same initial response of '8-10 weeks', then later... 'I'll ship it next week', and still nothing... something is up. If he's has issues, health or otherwise.... that's his business. I do hope all is well for him. We just deserve an honest answer and time estimate.

May till October is not just 'behind' ,there are no shows to stock up for either. 

hello guys. i just emailed perry,(before i saw this thread) his kit goes out tomorrow. as stated, 2020 has been a sh%t year. for all of us. im sure you dont want to hear my sob stories, but those same stories have put me way behind. i am filling orders, and for awhile i shut down my website so as not to get more orders. if you have stuff on order, i will get it to you, but its tasking much longer than i want.

jeff

3 hours ago, jeffb said:

hello guys. i just emailed perry,(before i saw this thread) his kit goes out tomorrow. as stated, 2020 has been a sh%t year. for all of us. im sure you dont want to hear my sob stories, but those same stories have put me way behind. i am filling orders, and for awhile i shut down my website so as not to get more orders. if you have stuff on order, i will get it to you, but its tasking much longer than i want.

jeff

I'm glad to hear that you're still casting Jeff. 

I hope to be in a position to get one of your '67 Chryslers in the new year. 

This year's been CaCa for me too. ?

Jeff, 

Thanks for the email and posting. Looking forward to getting the Mustang. Sorry to hear it's been a bad year for you, hope you recover quickly. By the sounds of it, because you do quality work, there's more people that want your products.

Take care,
Perry

On 10/15/2020 at 3:31 PM, jeffb said:

jeff

What’s the current lead time ? I really want a postal Jeep in the collection .... 

UPDATE! I received my 67 Mustang Coupe from Jeff. It looks fantastic. I apologize for jumping on you Jeff. I hope whatever issues you face resolve quickly. I recommend Jeff, his quality is great. Just be patient. I hope to get some more from him. Take care Jeff.

Thanks,

Perry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/5/2020 at 10:41 PM, gbtr6 said:

I ordered a Mustang coupe kit from Jeff at Motor City Resin Casters and haven’t gotten it. Checked on it a couple times and promised it’s on the way. Asked for tracking, no luck no kit. It’s been since May. Getting a little frustrated. Looks like a nice kit, and I want it to build for my son. 

Perry

Hi Perry.  I have purchased from Jeff before and his work is excellent.  How long did it take before you received your mustang?  I have an order in for a ford van and it is just coming up on a year.  I understand he had some health issues in 2020, so I fully understand the delays.  Based on the time it took for you to receive your item, I'm just trying to determine about when I would expect it in the mail.  I'm sure it is worth the wait.  

I have a 1970 and a 1/2 Falcon coming that was ordered on June 20th 2020 I am really looking forward to building it I know it will be top quality when it does arrive, last contact I had was Nov 25 and it was at the top of the line then.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:17 PM, scaleCars said:

Hi Perry.  I have purchased from Jeff before and his work is excellent.  How long did it take before you received your mustang?  I have an order in for a ford van and it is just coming up on a year.  I understand he had some health issues in 2020, so I fully understand the delays.  Based on the time it took for you to receive your item, I'm just trying to determine about when I would expect it in the mail.  I'm sure it is worth the wait.  

Bob,

I don't recall the timeline now, but it was a few months. I just recently contacted him to get another hood for the Mustang as I messed up the one that came with the kit. He responded right away and said he'd send one. Haven't gotten it yet, but will wait for it. That is top notch to me. 

Thanks,
Perry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sadly, yes.  I ordered six resin bodies in December.  At the time of order, he said 8-10 weeks in the acknowledgement e-mail.  No problem.  I waited 2 months.  Nothing.  So, long story short, sent e-mails about every month thereafter, each month, he said 'I'm behind, will get to it 'soon'.  Finally, he said he would get it out 'this week'.  I waited two weeks.  Nothing.  Finally, with my PayPal clock running out for filing a disputed charge, I sent another e-mail saying exactly that, and did he have an HONEST estimate for delivery.   That e-mail was ignored.  In sum, it was six months of waiting and dishonest estimated, followed by an ignored w0mail, and finally a Paypal dispute.  The funds were returned with no product. The entire time, I said 'no hurry, just give me an honest estimate'.  He was unable to even do that much....

• 3 months later...