Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mustang Outlaw

Hello everyone, i know i haven't finished my latest builds, but this project is been waiting for me to start working on it for almost a year, i did mentioned to a couple of guys on FB but i was waiting to get all the parts for it, well, one of my FB friends started this build of (Small tire Drag car) and this project fits perfect to it, so i decide to jump in, good thing is is winter time and i can't paint at home so is perfect timing for scratch build and glue some stuff, so here it is...

Small tire Mustang single turbo

I got the rear small drag slicks, need to get some wheels for those, o have the front wheels and tires, resin hood and rear wing, and lots of kit parts that i'm going to use, needs to scratch build the roll cage and a lot of stuff, here's what i got so far...

UarHMyH.jpg

YRAmrkZ.jpg

HdXTyav.jpg

ZXvrSKu.jpg

1jn06rn.jpg

gaLy1pt.jpg

QaY08Pg.jpg

18 hours ago, blackbeard said:

you are off to a great start

Thanks Henry

13 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Nice project Marcos, these small fox bodies are great race cars!   Great start, you remind me of "Street Outlaws", I like that!

Thanks Francis, i always like the look of this car, especially in street outlaws show

11 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Looks great  there Marcos, I always thought the notch back Mustang is a cool "hot rod".  Looking forward to following.

thanks Mike

9 hours ago, lordgodbob said:

very nice...looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks Tim

4 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Not trying to hijack, just sharing a pic of my buddies car he is building. It was nuts before with the LQ9 LS and 6spd tremec. 

IMG_7983.JPG

Thanks Jason, wow that loo sinister LOL, i have some questions, if your friend let you to send me pictures of the rear end setup, i can't find good reference pictures of that

5 hours ago, wrenchr said:

Hi Marcos,

I know I have a pic somewhere. It is the 8.8 rearend narrowed and all Team-Z stuff was used I'm certain. The front clip he bent himself.  

Thanks for the info Jason, i think i have a better picture in my head now, this are the type of info i'm looking for

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Looks like many I've seen on TV--a real "Monday Night Special." B) Drive on! B)

LOL, thanks Snake

Hello everyone, i was playing this morning with this project, still waiting for the engine to get here but i have already the turbo setup from 3D model especialties, and is crazy big LOL, but will look amazing for sure, also was working on with the PE Weld V-Series Front wheels, and they look amazing already, hope you guys like what i got so far

xJiR3bp.jpg

turbo setup from 3d model especialties

d6iVFj2.jpg

work on the engine bay bars

M2f4XOY.jpg

Added the air entrance for the turbo and some styrene for the front bumper

kXeugHp.jpg

3rnrA7F.jpg

TDlAWZk.jpg

gOe79we.jpg

jIt6bDy.jpg

AnzmFHQ.jpg

r86BY5K.jpg

On 1/9/2021 at 11:08 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Looks great.

Thanks Ron

On 1/9/2021 at 11:32 AM, TransAmMike said:

Looking soooo good Marcos. Great looking  PE wheels.  Keep it rolling.

LOL thanks Mike, i like this project a lot, i've been gathering parts for almost a year for this project, crazy ah...

20 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

That's a great start Marcos, the Mustang already looks mean and fast!  It already smells like burnt rubber!!! ?

oh yeah me too man, thanks Fancis

19 hours ago, agmaciej said:

I like the PE wheels! Who makes them?

Thanks man, they look great man, they are from Futurattraction they have a lot of neat stuff

On 1/10/2021 at 4:01 PM, NYLIBUD said:

I swear if I had a nickel for every Notchback Mustang I’ve built,I’d be rich.They just make great drag cars, and thats pretty much what I like to build. 

LOL i can't imagen Ron, this is my first time building a Mustang, basically this is one of my favorite body styles on drag cars