Model Cars Magazine Forum

Correct Resin Interior for the MPC 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T Hard Top.

This complete Resin Interior is now available From Ed Fluck Junior!

It was designed to fit the MPC '68 Coronet body in conjunction with the Revell 1968 Dodge Charger chassis and includes:

1. A reworked 2 piece Charger dash board.

2. A redesigned Charger interior tub.

3. A reworked 2 piece rear seat with molded in seat belts removed and enhanced seat buttons.

4. Reworked front bucket seats with molded in seat belts removed and enhanced trim and seat buttons.

5. Almost entirely scratch built door panels in a hard top configuration.

6. A complete set of separate front and rear arm rests.

7. A set of 4 window cranks.

The steering wheel and center console, (if desired) will be the responsibility of the builder.

The photos provided are test shots only and depict the original parts in gray along side the fresh resin parts.

Again, Ed wanted me to remind everyone that these are only test shots and the finished parts that you will receive will be of the highest quality.

The cost for the entire set will be $35.00 plus shipping and you can order by contacting Ed directly via email at:     lowcab36@epix.net

Get 'em while they're hot boys!! :D

image.jpeg.c6a7057d86173dc3e1c32245e612de78.jpeg

image.jpeg.b82b5ce09294142152852dfc3f0edded.jpeg

image.jpeg.d422307b7dade6befbd9556c0460f36b.jpeg

image.jpeg.67cdd806d6e6a04b990d835ed903f347.jpeg

image.jpeg.b792710a17dffebbab24d48ffdc6b2fa.jpeg

image.jpeg.c85b22bd213142fd74a78bfb31e04804.jpeg

image.jpeg.318fe2618c183f77b90e582e7b318328.jpeg

Steve

• Like 1

They look beautiful! I have two '68 Coronet convertibles to rebuild, and will most likely order two of these sets. I will need to figure out how to adapt the rear seat area for the convertible, though.

18 minutes ago, Bucky said:

They look beautiful! I have two '68 Coronet convertibles to rebuild, and will most likely order two of these sets. I will need to figure out how to adapt the rear seat area for the convertible, though.

Should be able to just make a couple of top mechanism wells to add the rear seat area.

Steve

I will answer any questions you guys might have if you would e-mail me or send me a PM through my FB business page. Please do not send me a PM here on the forum as I have to manually log in each and every time; and I am already in and out of FB and e-mail throughout the day so it's just quicker/easier that way.

Great timing on this i just got a perfect resin body and chrome from a friend and was looking for an interior i have got many parts and even some kits from Ed over the years in fact i some from when his Dad was doing it Ed puts out very good quality parts I have always been very happy with them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 2:26 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Just thought that it might be a good idea to include a couple of shots of the main interior parts mocked up.

image.jpeg.5e81ab769ff631fc93286deebd518e53.jpeg

image.jpeg.2709a9a0e86c7dde8a523d97c190551a.jpeg

image.jpeg.de5662a17d2dbec69ce84b2cf61af93f.jpeg

Steve

Steve, absolutely stunning work and masterful. Now, if you can get Ed to cast the body and components, it would be great for us who do not have the original MPC kit. I always look forward to your builds. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2021 at 11:03 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

Here are a few shots of the finished Ed Fluck 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T hard top resin interior with a few additional scratch made parts added.

Get them while you can fellas! ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Steve

I just order mine two days ago

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Are the seats based upon the original MPC '68 Coronet parts? It appears they have seven "rolls" in the center, while the 1:1 seats have eight.

They ARE the original MPC seats.

They've just been cleaned up and reworked.

The molded in seat belts were removed, new seat buttons were added, the bucket seat backs were dressed up, and some of the trim and pleating was rescribed for better definition.

The bases of the front seats were reshaped a little and new seat tracks were added.

The back seat was widened to better represent a hard top seat.

The rear seat is not entirely correct as the seat pattern should carry all of the way out to the edge of the seat, but that modification would have required more attention than I was willing to put into it.

Steve

2 hours ago, GoodbuildNY said:

Looks absolutely beautiful ! Nice work . I’m still waiting for my order but obviously WELL worth the wait. 

49 minutes ago, John Pol said:

I just order mine two days ago

Be patient guys.

Ed is digging himself out of a hole, but he has assured me that he is working as fast as possible to fill all of the orders for this kit.

Steve

22 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Be patient guys.

Ed is digging himself out of a hole, but he has assured me that he is working as fast as possible to fill all of the orders for this kit.

Steve

Ed is a great guy and when I ordered he told the wait would be longer than normal. I don’t mind waiting ,as I said above worth the wait. Been great watching yours come along though.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

They ARE the original MPC seats. They've just been cleaned up and reworked.

I can't blame you for not going through the trouble of correcting the rolls. Just disappointing MPC didn't do it correctly in 1968.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I can't blame you for not going through the trouble of correcting the rolls. Just disappointing MPC didn't do it correctly in 1968.

Well, as mentioned before, this interior was never intended to be replicated for sale.

It was only intended to be for my personal use, so while I wanted something closer to correct for a ‘68 hardtop, I only took it so far. 
If I had known from the onset that it was going to be offered to the public, I might have spent a little more time to make it more correct.

On the other hand, adding one more pleat is something that I probably wouldn’t have bothered with even in that case.

It would have been a lot of work for a very minimal impact.

Steve

On 9/13/2021 at 5:35 PM, restoman said:

I ordered the interior from Ed a week or so ago.

He said it would be a bit of a wait before he could ship it, but it's ok: his stuff is worth the wait time.

I also picked up a '68 Coronet body that he repaired, along with one of his resin hoods.

:)

Well heck, you're most of the way there now!

Add some parts from the '68 Charger and you've got a model!

If you need a grille, I have a bunch of laser printed ones that a fellow forum member was so good as to send me.

They're actually pretty nice, with tubs for the addition of clear head light lenses.

No R/T emblem in the grille, but there are R/T PE emblems available.

Steve