Model Cars Magazine Forum

MEMORIAL DAY

Oh wait, you mean it is not about furniture sales and a day off work? says the retired veteran facetiously.  Thank you for that note.  Our local Veteran's Council sponsored the annual Memorial Day service at the county park.  This is the eighth year I have been involved and am becoming all to familiar with the majority of people who attend; very few new faces or younger generation there. 

6 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Appreciate it and protect it.

...And don’t live like a disrespectful degenerate who doesn’t care about anything but their own selfish gratification .... Sadly, I see a lot of that these days... A LOT!

Showing love for your fellow neighbor is a pretty big deal.

Edited by Venom

I took part in a grave side service for a Revolutionary War veteran buried in a local cemetery. My gun club has been providing a musket salute after taps is played for 15 years. It was great to see several hundred people turn out to remember this man's time and service to his country. Nathan Hatch served four tours during the Revolution and formed a training regiment, the "silver greys" during the War of 1812. He died just days shy of 90 years old on his farm in Wisconsin, in 1847.

signal-2021-05-31-192733[1].jpg

My local chapter of the VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) held a very solemn and quiet observance of Memorial Day, veterans of all wars were honored with silent salutations and guns were not present. Prayers and hopes were offered that finally, someday, the human race would come to it's senses and wars would be extinct. We know this will probably never happen though so we must remain vigilant and strong, respect our flag and national anthem and thank those who sacrificed everything for us. I refuse to participate in Memorial Day sales at stores or ever say "Happy Memorial Day" as so many do. To say that is completely missing the point in my opinion. 

VETERANSviet.jpg

1 hour ago, John1955 said:

My local chapter of the VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) held a very solemn and quiet observance of Memorial Day, veterans of all wars were honored with silent salutations and guns were not present. Prayers and hopes were offered that finally, someday, the human race would come to it's senses and wars would be extinct. We know this will probably never happen though so we must remain vigilant and strong, respect our flag and national anthem and thank those who sacrificed everything for us. I refuse to participate in Memorial Day sales at stores or ever say "Happy Memorial Day" as so many do. To say that is completely missing the point in my opinion. 

VETERANSviet.jpg

Great news!... All war is going to end and true peace will be restored, but I can’t speak of it here because it falls into the subject of religion... 

• Like 1