Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Mack Cruise-Liner

Thanks, guys. Making a start on the interior now, I'm going with beige and brown. I've done the dash and seat inserts in beige and the interior tub in brown but I might invert the colour combo cos I'm thinking the dash and seat inserts should be darker? I don't know, I'll see how it looks when I fit it together, if I don't like it I'll switch it around. Here's a bit of a sneak peek of the cab on the chassis to give an idea of how it will look completed. I'm glad I went with the blue frame, I'm liking it!

DSC00399.JPG

DSC00400.JPG

DSC00401.JPG

20 hours ago, Rockford said:

Looks great mate, very brave on the masking for paint on the cab, I just can't summon up the courage (or the patience) to jump in and mask stuff off, too scared of ruining a job. This turned out fantastic. Well done!

Cheers mate. Yeah, it's always nerve wracking when you have to mask your own lines. I find silver foil ducting tape and Tamiya tape are the best things to use for masking as they don't bleed the paint or absorb it like normal masking tape.