Model Cars Magazine Forum

'30 Ford Model A Coupe

mrmike

More work done on the '30 Ford Model A Coupe.  I want this to be finished on Saturday morning before I head off to the latest meeting of the Classic Plastic Model Club.  I added more of the suspension pieces and then I added the body.  The last picture shows the top added to the rest of the body, but it is not glued on yet.  One of the things I had noticed earlier was that the interior seat would not fit through the open top like the instructions show.  The seat is just too wide and so the top is still loose!  I need to paint the rear interior surround where the top meets the body so that all is the same flat white color.

More Model A to come...

30A25.JPG

30A26.JPG

30A27.JPG

Thanks Tom, Bob and Andy!  I don't know why Revell makes those frames and rear axles that way.  You can always remove the mounts from the frame and let the rear axle hang from the rear coil-overs and the radius rods.

On 12/1/2021 at 12:06 PM, Sledsel said:

I am really liking the looks of this build. Colors and execution are excellent.

On another note, for being a newer tool, it cracks me up that the rear end basically sits on the frame rail.

I agree. The nice thing about that is you get a rock solid mounting point with no fear of having 3 tires touching the table. Not having to rely on correct alignment of springs/shocks and control arms to set the stance is nice, but it does look odd having the frame sitting on the axle.

58 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I agree. The nice thing about that is you get a rock solid mounting point with no fear of having 3 tires touching the table. Not having to rely on correct alignment of springs/shocks and control arms to set the stance is nice, but it does look odd having the frame sitting on the axle.

Agree on all points.... luckily it is pretty hidden

8 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I would disagree with that, simply because all three of the models I got have warped frames. One is even absolutely 100% useless beyond repair. Funny thing is that the '29 roadsters are a lot better in that regard.