Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plymouths vanishing act

Swinger 340

First post here but been following for a while. Just finished Bill Jenkins 65 Plymouth. Tried some new techniques from tips learned here. I used the Moebius kit with Slixx decals. Turned the distributor on my lathe and added fuel lines and filters. The paint is Tamiya TS with Ts13 clear. Thanks for looking

1638023977679-214904577.jpg

1638024020313855274625.jpg

16380219351631279745950.jpg

Beautiful job Eric on Grumpy’s only Mopar. These Moebius ‘65 Plymouth’s go together so nicely and with the excellent Slixx decals, it’s possible to do a few variations beyond the Butch Leal car. I wish Moebius offered ‘65 Dodge versions of this and the hardtop Plymouth kit. 
The fuel lines, filters and ignition wiring you added really makes this kit Hemi come alive. Great job!

Edited by papajohn97
Eliminated duplicate word

2 hours ago, gbtr6 said:

Great detail on all aspects. One detail I have to ask about. How do you get the wheels, nuts, studs, to look so good?

Perry

Thank you. The wheels are just painted with the same paint as the body. The axles in the rear and hubs in the font were painted with Tamiya metallic grey and the lug nuts were painted with Model Master steel.