Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Shelby Mustang Group II

43 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

Idiot that I am, I didn't even notice they were asymmetrical, until just now! Looks like you nailed 'em, JC!

Not sure why they went stacked with the collector pipes on the passenger side and side-by-side on the drivers.  Maybe to clear the starter on the passenger side?

6779575468 e15e5cc458 o6779575546 c2ee7bf129 o

Edited by afx

1 hour ago, afx said:

Not sure why they went stacked with the collector pipes on the passenger side and side-by-side on the drivers.  Maybe to clear the starter on the passenger side?

That would be my guess. It was the photo of your chassis that caused me to notice they were asymmetrical, and I immediately thought that it must be to clear the starter. They look excellent! Nice work!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, swede70 said:

Looking very crisp and controlled; i.e. very nice indeed.  Thanks for the continuous flow of well-photographed and documented updates...

Mike K./Swede70 

I get carried away sometimes with the photos but they document all the modifications.

Edited by afx

31 minutes ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Wow, this is absolutely delightful work. So much to absorb.

Your engine looks so lifelike with the detailing but above all the beauty of the metalized parts showing just the right amount of tarnish/wear.

Inspiring!

Thanks Pierre.  I've started using Tamiya's Panel Line Accent - really helps bring out the detail and gives metallic parts a nice sheen.  I prefer the Tamiya to The Detailer which I was using.

image.jpeg.54e8ba2b9ba9131673d7c27d72b8b523.jpegimage.jpeg.de6f6d4c27e43710c217994a2e7437dd.jpeg

I use Tamiya TS-30 Silver Leaf for the aluminum parts - it has virtually no grain.

image.jpeg.328a41843b814c549ffc29209bc27a45.jpeg

Edited by afx
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 1:00 PM, afx said:

I'd guess starter clearance on the passenger side and steering box and clutch pivot on the driver's side. Everything's tight fit in there on a first generation Mustang.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1