Model Cars Magazine Forum

Are They Stupid, or What?!

StevenGuthmiller

If it's something that's going to the same post office branch, you may be able to ask at the counter to have it hand cancelled and delivered to the P.O.Box.  Used to be able to do that in the past but may not be available anymore. Plus, you would have to stand in line.  Mail is sorted at the distribution center and delivered to the station in route delivery order.  Messing with that is asking for problems.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:44 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

I've been tracking a package for an item that I purchased on Amazon a week or so ago.

It started in Salt Lake City, Utah and then made it's way all the way to Bismarck North Dakota, (approximately 220 miles from my home)

It then moved to Fargo, (about 23 miles from my front door)

Today I find that from a stones throw away in Fargo, it's now traveled to Minneapolis Minnesota!! (233 miles away)

What the hell?

They do realize that they could have thrown it from Fargo to Hawley, right? :blink:

Steve

Was that shipped with Amazon Prime?

And they want to tell us they can ship everything to your house in hours instead of days? How?

14 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

There's nothing that Dr. Evil's beloved monopoly-in-the-making sells that I can't find elsewhere. 

I avoid that "jungle place" at all costs. 

bezos-laughing.jpg.9ecad60bbbb9e12a3bd03d233e5bd3a8.jpg

That's funny, I never put the two together until now! 😆😉

20211216_121151.png.af3b23e7700ebbb8d04b74ee5d7245ef.png

DfFl2yu.jpg.768ec59e57fc2f1830c098a48ad7a0b9.jpg

In fact, I never realized how much his arch nemesis, Mike Myers looks like Elon Musk!

tdy_pop_cobiella_myers_181102_1920x1080-1.jpg.2116238bb679c44e365189c070880b64.jpg

elon-musk.jpg.d62fba1f4fdb001600b347d192f6826b.jpg

You never see them at a party together,  Hmmm?

• Haha 1

I currently have a part for my Miata from Treasure Coast Miata making a grand tour of Florida. I chose "Priority Mail" at checkout. It went from Hobe Sound (North of the Palm Beach area, East coast) to Opa-Locka (South of Miami) to Ft.Myers (half an hour away from my house) then back to Opa-Locka, and now Ybor City (Tampa, 2.5 hours from me). All in the span of 24 hours. I'm supposed to get it Saturday, which means it has plenty of time to check out the Panhandle and catch a sunset in Key West. Should have chosen FedEx...

Edited by jaymcminn

5 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

And they want to tell us they can ship everything to your house in hours instead of days? How?

They can if you live close to one of their distribution centers, and you order something that they actually keep in stock and don't just "drop ship" or farm out to the real vendor. 

Not long ago I ordered two books from them at the same time. One arrived in two days, the other took almost three weeks. 

On 12/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, Tom Geiger said:

My daughter is a big Amazon Prime customer. Being at her house for the day, you can count on several different deliveries!

Anyway I saw something for my wife for Christmas on Amazon. I sent the link to my daughter. She immediately ordered it and it arrived the next day.

At our old address in Brooklyn we could get a lot of stuff same-day with Prime - it was amazing!  As long as you ordered by 2pm (I think?) you’d get the package by 9pm.

We’d use it some days when we didn’t feel like taking the train somewhere to go get whatever we needed - if it was anything where we would’ve otherwise just put it off until tomorrow, we’d Prime Same-Day it and have it before bed!