Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first big rig build

My first ever Semi build. Whenever I do a kit that I have never done before I like to build a box stock version to "learn" the kit before doing a more detailed build. I have the engine and chassis mostly done but still haven't decided how I want to do the fuel tanks and air cleaner assembly as I don't think I like the "chrome" look on them. Thanks for looking

aaaaa.JPG

IMG_8797 (2).JPG

IMG_8799.JPG

IMG_8811 (2).JPG

IMG_8808.JPG

IMG_8795.JPG

Mike - your first rig ? Wow looks like you've done this before,  excellent work so far . Welcome to the rig builders forum ! Everyone here is very helpful 

As far as removing the chrome look..which fits your weathered worn work truck theme,  several options exist . Painting the tanks black, or body color would look good. Another option would be a dullcoat to knock the shine down.

Looking forward to your build 

On 12/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, gotnitro? said:

Mike - your first rig ? Wow looks like you've done this before,  excellent work so far . Welcome to the rig builders forum ! Everyone here is very helpful 

As far as removing the chrome look..which fits your weathered worn work truck theme,  several options exist . Painting the tanks black, or body color would look good. Another option would be a dullcoat to knock the shine down.

Looking forward to your build 

Decided to go with an aluminum silver for the tanks, painted them last night. Should have the frame done today then start the interior.