Model Cars Magazine Forum

Really enjoy building the Aoshima LB Works kits, so dug another one out of the stash and made a start.

NWHbf20.jpg

Done a bit of body prep, shaved front and rear side marker lights and script, filled the recess for the badge on the pillar, shaved the badges on the trunk, filled the rear license plate locating holes and filled the rear bumper locating holes.  Also as per usual applied a check coat of 1500 black surfacer.

EOfRfrA.jpg

gxBb1Pz.jpg

hxAf96M.jpg

jCXOwqL.jpg

5xLujrb.jpg

IoLksMI.jpg

Not a serious build, all about having some fun enjoying the process and the visual end result.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 1

You know, when I saw your recent stuff in IG, I thought to myself, "wow, this guys stuff reminds me of Cool Hand Luke from Model Cars Mag Forums...." and well, here you are and the SAME person! LOL! Awesome stuff here. Not sure anyone does black as smooth you sir!

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 5:50 AM, shucky said:

You know, when I saw your recent stuff in IG, I thought to myself, "wow, this guys stuff reminds me of Cool Hand Luke from Model Cars Mag Forums...." and well, here you are and the SAME person! LOL! Awesome stuff here. Not sure anyone does black as smooth you sir!

Yeah same old, same old with me. Black paint an slammed.

Appreciate the kind words Mike, hope to see you back working on your Hako.

Decided on the wheels for the Hakosuka.

tpPID78.jpg

Finished all the prep work on the body. Mould lines removed, scribed door, trunk and hood lines. Filled the holes on the front valance and smoothed it out, drilled holes in the over fenders for rivets, blocked sanded entire body and applied a good coat of surfacer.

1TSJsOs.jpg

7uBRGV2.jpg

One more coat of surfacer and it should be good and ready for paint. Havent really decided on a colour, so more than likely will end up black.

NdU7UQE.jpg

1 hour ago, Cool Hand said:

Decided on the wheels for the Hakosuka.

tpPID78.jpg

Finished all the prep work on the body. Mould lines removed, scribed door, trunk and hood lines. Filled the holes on the front valance and smoothed it out, drilled holes in the over fenders for rivets, blocked sanded entire body and applied a good coat of surfacer.

1TSJsOs.jpg

7uBRGV2.jpg

One more coat of surfacer and it should be good and ready for paint. Havent really decided on a colour, so more than likely will end up black.

NdU7UQE.jpg

As always Luke.  Killer looking man.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So happy to finally be able to build an Australian plastic car kit.

Kit is modular base, with 4 available variants.

I decided to build the Kingswood version first and do it as a traditional Aussie Lowrider.

i5nQjWo.jpg

DDA the manufacturer shot some styrene through a die cast mould to produce a plastic model kit, so its a screw and glue type kit. Decent parts breakdown.

CSs5eEG.jpg

skShORI.jpg

fI7kZu1.jpg

Dug out some of my favourite wheels from the stash and roughed in the stance.

MqgoZpV.jpg

KebFUWd.jpg

vFlLKDz.jpg

rSYACSe.jpg

flq9tQa.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...