Model Cars Magazine Forum

On 12/10/2023 at 11:20 PM, Zippi said:

Super nice build Luke and the business end is well detailed.  Killer looking dude.

Thanks Bob for always taking the time to comment, appreciate the kind words.

On 12/11/2023 at 2:38 AM, Steve H said:

Hi Luke, always love your builds mate, soooooo clean. The paint and foil work on 59 is spectacular! Painting the bumpers black was a very good call. 👌👌 I need to order one or 2 of the Holdens…

Hey Steve, been awhile. Glad to know you liking my current builds. Aussie kits are worth the purchase, something different and enjoyable to build.

Edited by Cool Hand

Thanks Bob, here's one for ya.

Current build im working on at the moment.

HGWOfQW.jpg

YgYYkcB.jpg

gMc1EWQ.jpg

Doing a buddy build on Instagram with a couple mates. The idea is to build a DDA kit inspired by a car you would see in the Australian magazine Street Machine.

The inspiration for my build is the cover car from May 2006.

5G9G7ZO.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

HGWOfQW.jpg

YgYYkcB.jpg

gMc1EWQ.jpg

Doing a buddy build on Instagram with a couple mates. The idea is to build a DDA kit inspired by a car you would see in the Australian magazine Street Machine.

That hq is real late 90s early 2000s pro street also if you do another street machine group build hit me up I’m interested in participating there’s a few street machine toranas and hq coupes I wanna do but anyway keep up the killer work man

9 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

HGWOfQW.jpg

YgYYkcB.jpg

gMc1EWQ.jpg

Sweet looking ride Luke.  That business end is looking pretty nice.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 4:03 AM, SpikeSchumacher said:

Very nice Luke! I have one of these on my "to be built" list. Trying to decide on what style, color...

Thanks, look forward to seeing your HQ build. Pretty versatile subject that can be any style and it will still look cool. A time less design.

On 12/24/2023 at 10:10 AM, Brockc said:

That hq is real late 90s early 2000s pro street also if you do another street machine group build hit me up I’m interested in participating there’s a few street machine toranas and hq coupes I wanna do but anyway keep up the killer work man

1990 to mid 2000's are my favorite era of Aussie Street Machine's.

Yeah no worries, will definitely have to do another group build Street Machine style sometime in the future.  

On 12/24/2023 at 12:04 PM, Zippi said:

Sweet looking ride Luke.  That business end is looking pretty nice.  

Cheers Bob, had to shoe horn the power plant.

Yeah baby....that's got my attention.  Man that is Super sharp looking Luke.  That Big ole 3" exhasust is letting the engine in business end breath a little better.  Can't wait to see more pics.    

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Luke! Hope all is well mate. That green Holden is spectacular. I love seeing huge motors shoe horned into cars, looks to be a tight fit in there! I agree with Jim above ^^ those panel lines are crisp. Your builds are always so clean, nice work as always. 

• Thanks 1

luke, Sometimes I look at your builds and think the pics are photoshopped. Your building style is so crisp and smooth. Very nice work on that green holden. Love the engine bay! We talked once about alclad application. I'm am amazed at the finish you get with yours. I'm getting close with mine, but still working on it. I enjoy looking at your work.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Man, the panel lines on that green Holden are off the charts…they look so deep and perfect, as though all the doors really open (but I’m pretty sure they don’t)

Nice work!

Thanks Jim, I have to admit those panels lines are amongst some of the best looking ive ever done.  .2mm Dspiae.

13 hours ago, Zippi said:

That GT Falcon build is looking sharp Luke.

Thanks Bob, always appreciate you dropping by to leave a comment

10 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hi Luke! Hope all is well mate. That green Holden is spectacular. I love seeing huge motors shoe horned into cars, looks to be a tight fit in there! I agree with Jim above ^^ those panel lines are crisp. Your builds are always so clean, nice work as always. 

Hey Steve, things are great now the summer heat wave has ended. Perfect temps for getting to bench and doing some painting.  Quite a bit of work to shoe horn the LSX 454 into the engine bay of the HQ. First Twin Turbo engine ive built so it was a learning experience.

Appreciate the compliments, always strive to build clean, my eyes are not what they use to be but with magnifiers I get by and still enjoy building.

9 hours ago, Speedpro said:

luke, Sometimes I look at your builds and think the pics are photoshopped. Your building style is so crisp and smooth. Very nice work on that green holden. Love the engine bay! We talked once about alclad application. I'm am amazed at the finish you get with yours. I'm getting close with mine, but still working on it. I enjoy looking at your work.

Hey Paul, yeah nah no photoshopping going with the images, just crop and adjust the lighting if needed. 

Means a lot to get a compliment from a builder whom I look to for inspiration, plan to build a 66 Chevy Malibu soon that will be influenced by your build thread. 

Seeing how well you are with all other aspects of building, im sure you will have that eureka moment with the Alclad soon. 

Its nice to know people enjoy seeing the work that goes on here at Lead City Customs.

Edited by Cool Hand
  • Like 1