Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about a laugh?

Ace-Garageguy

On 12/29/2023 at 8:56 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'm sick, at home, killing time perusing interdwerb stupidity.

Quoting a male "influencer": "Some men put a woman on a pedal stool".

The IT Crowd.

Season 4, Episode 6, circa 2006

There's a whole running gag about being put on a pedal stool.

In my humble opinion, the funniest show I've ever watched.

Just ignore the US version though because it stinks.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2023 at 8:13 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

How 'bout an appalling ignorance emoji?

Funny how people can present themselves as "experts" without, obviously, knowing the definitions of the terms they use.

If ya don't even know the spelling of words like "pedestal" or "codependent", how can you possibly know you're using the concepts correctly when you're giving people "relationship advice"?

But correct 'em so they just might be able to find a fact, and all you get is braying "grammer nazty!!!" from the equally appallingly ignorant peanut gallery.

PREACH IT, BROTHER ACE! Can I get a AY-men from the choir?

We think and communicate in language. If one's language is not correct and precise, how can one's thinking or communication be correct and precise? 

But this is supposed to be the "funny" thread, so I guess I better post something funny lest I get put on Double-Secret Probation for ranting, Here ya go: 

image.png.547666b3fe127592f48a8163f23df9ee.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I think somebody once said "you can lead a fool to a dictionary, but you can't make him use it".  ;)

I believe the correct expression is, "You can lead a gift horse to water, but you can't beat him dead in the middle of the stream."  Or something like that. Hey, it ain't rocket surgery. 

Edited by Snake45
  • Haha 3

On 12/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

EDIT: And a female talking about being "coat dependent".

You can't make this stuff up.

Well, it was a woman talking. She's probably literally "coat dependent". I've yet to meet a woman that doesn't wear a coat when the temperature drops below 80F. My wife looks like Kenny from South Park when the temperature drops into the 70s.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

image.png.9dce30ad50433b3de9ee52f93b1426b3.png

I'm a word guy, so this is hilarious to me. 

Best one along these lines I ever heard was someone was introduced as a Belgian, and someone else said, "So you speak fluent Belch, then?" 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, thatz4u said:

image.png.28e7bedcab9dde1be2a82b17a38a4e26.png

Along these lines, why do people say "VW" and think they're saving time? Yes, "VW" is shorter on paper than "Volkswagen."  But spoken, "Vee-Double-U" is four syllables, and "Volkswagen" is only three. And easier to pronounce, to boot. :blink: 

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2023 at 9:56 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'm sick, at home, killing time perusing interdwerb stupidity.

Quoting a male "influencer": "Some men put a woman on a pedal stool".

EDIT: And a female talking about being "coat dependent".

You can't make this stuff up.

There's actually a bit on this very topic in "The IT Crowd", which is a hysterical British sitcom. Check this video at about 5:30.

(Not endorsing this you tuber at all - he's terrible and I don't understand watching someone watch a show and making inane comments.) But the show is great!

Bill, I guess that Quora question by whoever asked it was made in either ignorance or arrogance that you shared with us. Obviously you could see the irony in it so we could all  have a good laugh at it.

As Quora is a question and answer site it would be interesting to see how it was answered. Hopefully not by someone with the same level of ignorance!

Edited by Bugatti Fan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Bill, I guess that Quora question by whoever asked it was made in either ignorance or arrogance that you shared with us. Obviously you could see the irony in it so we could all  have a good laugh at it.

As Quora is a question and answer site it would be interesting to see how it was answered. Hopefully not by someone with the same level of ignorance!

image.png.8db93d3fe782288239256759e335bb50.png

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 3:22 PM, redscampi said:

There's actually a bit on this very topic in "The IT Crowd", which is a hysterical British sitcom. Check this video at about 5:30.

(Not endorsing this you tuber at all - he's terrible and I don't understand watching someone watch a show and making inane comments.) But the show is great!

Generally true, but I loved Mystery Science Theatre 3000!

• Xingu locked this topic