Model Cars Magazine Forum

62 Vette Street machine

Zed

For the last model of the year i did a quickie ! two weeks to convert a ugly lookin vette in a decent looking street machine .... :P

As you can see, a 62 vette has a very strange design ! 58-60 front end with the rear end from a 63-67... and has it was not enough, she even don't have one of those sexy toothy grille the Vette weared since 53 ! :huh:

DSCN8402-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

What i did is to put a 59 vette toothy grille and chromed headlites , shave a little the body, slam it to the ground and on 20" Vortex ( Hoppin Hydro ) ... and i really like the result ! :D

DSCN8381-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN8383-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN8386-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN8390-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN8388-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

DSCN8385-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Bad thing is the pics don't do justice to the paint whitch is not just red, but a metallic red with orange flakes ... :P

DSCN8398-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

hope you like it ;)

Simple, clean, slammed and nice! :D Pretty color, too.

I'll second that!!

What kind of camera, lighting and what settings are you using for your pics? Even in the quarter-view shots; everything is crisp, clear and in focus.

GREAT work on the build and the pics!!

Later,

The '62-'63 Corvette was an odd one for sure... the strange link between the 50s and the 60s 'vettes. The angular sharp rear end design didn't quite fit with the rounded lines of the front end. But you made your "transitional" Corvette look great! B)

Thank you guys ! :rolleyes:

as for the pics, i've got a old nikon coolpix, 4 mega pixels with a tripod, and i just put my model on a with paper with two lamp... i'll make a pic of my little studio i you want ! ;)

Zed, WHAT did you use for the HEADLIGHTS? The molded on one were always too small for my taste. How/Where did you get those nice chromie ones? They REALY LOOK SO MUCH BETTER than how the kit comes! She's lookin PRETTY SNAZZY Zed, wit all them curves an pointy ends an all! B)B) LOOKS GREAT!

Edited by george 53

Nice work on a turd of a kit; the AMT '62 has always suffered from overly small headlights not to mention the fact it's an ancient kit with minimal detail. I love it when a simple approach on a sketchy kit turns out such a great model!

I envision a similar project on Revell's upcoming (formerly diecast) '62 that's a far better kit than AMT's. That will be an excellent time to finally retire the old AMT '62 and put it out to pasture.

Thanks again guys ! ;)

Zed, WHAT did you use for the HEADLIGHTS? The molded on one were always too small for my taste. How/Where did you get those nice chromie ones? They REALY LOOK SO MUCH BETTER than how the kit comes! She's lookin PRETTY SNAZZY Zed, wit all them curves an pointy ends an all! ;);) LOOKS GREAT!

the headlites came from that same amt 59 vette that gave the grille, i made a wash with white paint because of the molded chromed " glass" ;)

Please do. I'd like to see what kind of lighting equipment and lighting angles you're using.

Thanks,

Here we are ! :)

dscn8410.jpg

as you can see, it's not professional ! :) just some white paper and two desk lamp !

Wow, the paint job and color on this are just outstanding and the white interior sets it off nicely. Good solution for the kit's undersize headlights too. AMT's '62 Vette has its problems, but like any of the old annual kits, you get out of what you're willing to put in; just think of them as raw material!

Here we are ! :D

as you can see, it's not professional ! :lol: just some white paper and two desk lamp !

This is a great example of the KISS school of photography!

The only way to improve on this one is to ditch one light and replace it with a diffuser and use sunlight as the main !

Here we are ! :D

as you can see, it's not professional ! :lol: just some white paper and two desk lamp !

Thanks!

I think that my problem is that my light sources are too far away from the model and not bright enough. Many of my pics have a bit of a yellowish look to them unless/until I adjust the color in the computer to compensate for the poor lighting...

I also use either black paper or a street-colored diorama base to sit the models on when I photograph them. I'll try switching to white paper. That should help get rid of the dark shadows I often see under the model.

Later,