Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tim Richmond Old Milwaukee Pontiac LeMans

randman

This is the Salvinos JR Tim Richmond Lemans kit. I used MCW 2056 Red for the color. The headers and wheels are from Jim Rogers. I painted the wheels with Green Stuff World Chrome Metal (over a black base).

I modified the window openings by essentially shifting them down about 1 mm. There are in progress photos in the link that show what I did. I also trimmed about 1mm off the rear bumper. I added the fuel overflow tube and used heat shrink for the roll bar padding.

More pictures available here:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AEICFNbTo9TjLbo&id=151834E7F1DA907C!2214&cid=151834E7F1DA907C

20220129_114227_640x480.jpg

20220129_114236_640x480.jpg

20220129_114246_640x480.jpg

20220129_112239_640x480.jpg

20220129_112352_640x480.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shark said:

Nice work. Lots of griping about his kits, but you made it stand out. Question on the headers, are they available thru someone?

Yes, I bought them from Jim Rogers (the JR of Salvinos JR).  You can email him and see if he has any still available.  With all the work associated with the new kit releases he may not have time to do any 3D printing for a while though.  His email is jim@salvino.us

1 hour ago, Toys4Don2 said:

It looks awesome! Curious about the Green Stuff World Chrome. Were did you get it, and did you seal it with anything?

I bought it online from Michigan Toy Soldier Co.  It was the only place I could find that sells it in the U.S.  I did not seal it.  It is supposed to be more resilient than some of the others.  It is just misted on through an airbrush over a gloss black coat.  There are some YouTube videos that go into more detail about it.

Great looking build!  Your paint, decal and details work is awesome!  Ever since these Pontiac Lemans kits were issued, I have wondered if they are somewhat inaccurate when it comes to the overall size of the body... I thought the 1:1 Nascar Lemans of this era were an overall-smaller/mid-sized car with a shorter wheelbase and not as large as these kit bodies are, (as they were made to fit the pre-existing Monogram chassis).  Anyone else have any thoughts regarding the overall size of these Leman's Nascar kit's?