Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What You Find At Goodwill Stores

OldTrucker

I stopped at a local "City Mission" today with an eye toward 3 things. I found one.

I have a thread about these but it fits here also. $25 plus tax. I had to buy it just for the name.

1971897091_cadillacsewing.thumb.JPG.0acf4de5b7e5376fbca285f95ad83966.JPG

And yes, it does work. It needs cleaned, polished and oiled.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, espo said:

The only problem with Goodwill and any other similar places in the area is that the only things they have are what people couldn't unload at their garage sales. 

Sometimes. Just last night I helped a friend box up her mother-in-laws condo to be taken straight to the charity stores. She came from half way across the country for one week to do this task. It's winter. There's no rummage sale.

I usually can't convince my friends to orchestrate rummage sales, they just want the stuff gone and let the charities decide what's trash or treasure.

Edited by Lunajammer

4 hours ago, DPNM said:

I stopped at a local "City Mission" today with an eye toward 3 things. I found one.

I have a thread about these but it fits here also. $25 plus tax. I had to buy it just for the name.

1971897091_cadillacsewing.thumb.JPG.0acf4de5b7e5376fbca285f95ad83966.JPG

And yes, it does work. It needs cleaned, polished and oiled.

Looks like you found the "Cadillac" of sewing machines. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/8/2022 at 4:26 PM, espo said:

The only problem with Goodwill and any other similar places in the area is that the only things they have are what people couldn't unload at their garage sales. 

When we had our garage sale, nothing went back in the house.  Directly into the van that was driven to Goodwill.  

At our local Goodwill I seldom see much of value.   I buy Kodak slide trays since I have tons of slides from my father.  I used to buy wooden shoe trees to sell on eBay back before postage went crazy.

Recently I have found a broken Franklin Mint VW Beetle, and I like to browse the T-shirt rack for anything interesting.  I have shirts from all kinds of bars and such from around the country.  And old concert shirts,  one even a road crew shirt!