Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texas 3D Customs

6 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

Yeah only the Windsor just doesn't sell and I can just keep making intake manifolds for it sell one or two here or there and it's really hard to put all that time into an engine that sells maybe two or three a month

could probably get by with valve covers and intake/carbs and air cleaner

16 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

It's part of the GT350 trans kit is the only way I sell that very specific variation of that engine there are others that are not that exact engine but are Ford FE

I would buy two of this motor package myself. This is what you need to make the stock GT350 into a Stock GT500. Your other FE motors don't have the correct Cobra Lemans valve covers, Cobra air cleaner, and they have automatics behind them. I already have done a few Eleanors myself.

1 hour ago, Sport Suburban said:

I would buy two of this motor package myself. This is what you need to make the stock GT350 into a Stock GT500. Your other FE motors don't have the correct Cobra Lemans valve covers, Cobra air cleaner, and they have automatics behind them. I already have done a few Eleanors myself.

So first that's why I made this, second the other FE engines have the option for the toploader as well. As far as selling separately that's my decision, I did all the small things to compliment the trans kit so I will reserve this for that purpose.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Oh, well, excuse me for mentioning it then 🤷‍♂️

Mentioning it is fine I just want to be clear as to how I sell my items I have a lot of questions repeatedly about hey I can't find this intake manifold or where are the carbs individually on your website and I just want to be clear

3 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

But it was has been asked and I made the Crossram Webber DCOE for the SBF, Now I am willing to bet that it doesnt sell but here are some preview Pictures.

I'll buy one right away if you list it. I didn't really need to add another engine to the order I'm about to place but if you decide to offer this I can't pass it up. Too cool

3 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I'll buy one right away if you list it. I didn't really need to add another engine to the order I'm about to place but if you decide to offer this I can't pass it up. Too cool

I will list it I'm going to print some out today I am really busy with this Eleanor project plus I'm working on something else with Scott so I'm trying but I'm doing a lot right now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 3:58 PM, Texas_3D_Customs said:

The GT350 unnamed transkit has been listed on my website, now this is not a limited release item and will not be going away, my decal supplier is pretty stable and so if you don't want to build it soon there is no need to rush and buy it now. I am already realizing that this is probably more popular than it needs to be right now. it is listed Not Eleanor

20230828_130426.jpg

20230828_130442.jpg

20230828_130803.jpg

20230828_131116.jpg

20230828_131220.jpg

20230828_131301.jpg

20230828_132118.jpg

20230828_132230.jpg

What is the odds of this fitting a 68 GT500? 

10 minutes ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

I have no idea I don't have one I bought the most rarely available kit to do this from and that's why I did it and the year was right

I have a 68 but no 67. From what I have found so far the hood and headlights are whets different. Hopefully one of our Mustang Experts will chime in. I did get the Trans Kit and engine today, looks great. 

8 minutes ago, Jon Haigwood said:

I have a 68 but no 67. From what I have found so far the hood and headlights are whets different. Hopefully one of our Mustang Experts will chime in. I did get the Trans Kit and engine today, looks great. 

But you could just go out and buy that AMT kit and mount it to whatever chest you want It's really not that bad of a kit

1 minute ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

But you could just go out and buy that AMT kit and mount it to whatever chest you want It's really not that bad of a kit

There is that. I have a whole mess of  Cobras to put in a snake pit, I will see what happens after that. I have enough Mustangs to fill a corral  trying not to add too many more. LOL

3 hours ago, Jon Haigwood said:

The dimensions of the AMT 67 and 68 are pretty close, the 67 guts go in the 68 easily. The issue is you'll have a 67 nose and 68 taillights. It will also take a bit of work to figure out where to cut the nose off. 

1 minute ago, Fat Brian said:

The dimensions of the AMT 67 and 68 are pretty close, the 67 guts go in the 68 easily. The issue is you'll have a 67 nose and 68 taillights. It will also take a bit of work to figure out where to cut the nose off. 

I'll be honest I bought the AMT to do it because it's one of those kids that's really easy to find it's the right ear and it already had the right tail lights. Same thing with a bug I bought the Revell because you can find it anywhere I know they're not the best kits but I really like making things for kits that are easy to get a hold of.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

I'll be honest I bought the AMT to do it because it's one of those kids that's really easy to find it's the right ear and it already had the right tail lights. Same thing with a bug I bought the Revell because you can find it anywhere I know they're not the best kits but I really like making things for kits that are easy to get a hold of.

I agree, the AMT 67 GT350 kit is easy to get and by far the best choice as a donor. I was just speaking to the commonalities between the 67 and 68 kits because I've been testing stuff to build the best possible 68 GT500KR.