Model Cars Magazine Forum

Texas 3D Customs

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Love the dumpster fire! There is an LED place that make a fire circuit!

Well I mean except its opaque filament I guess I could print it in a translucent filament, the paint would hide the part its not supposed to shine through and I would need a said kit to model a cavity for it. It adds complexity to my system but its possible, of course there would be a premium.

27 minutes ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Love the dumpster fire! There is an LED place that make a fire circuit!

Okay I just ordered a Fire kit from Evans, when I get it I will model it into the bottom and print it in clear filament. I am not sure if I will sell it with the kit or have you buy the kit separately. The whole thing will be clear so how good you are at painting will determine the end result.

Edited by Texas_3D_Customs

15 minutes ago, George Bojaciuk said:

Here’s a proposition…I’ll buy the dumpster and electrics, detail it up and do a write up. A while back, Brian Schindler did a large dumpster and display case. Wound up on my auction. It was a satirical build for the 1:18th guys. Had quite a lot of interest!

You can try that but it's not going to work out too well since it's not clear It's not going to show very well at all That's why I bought clear filament and I bought one set of lights then I'll take those lights and model it so it works where it's installed on the bottom side in pockets.

5 hours ago, George Bojaciuk said:

No hurry!

Here is the dumpster that Brian Schindler built years ago!

0432acopy.jpg.4c2a686d1a6c7198ac36cf0f3f156452.jpg

Thanks George!

I know the fire LED that Evan's sells and to be honest, you could easily set the LED into the dumpster amongst the garbage and use a cotton batting to simulate smoke from the ensuing fire.  The flickering of the LED will simulate the flames and will cast shadows from the garbage.  Honestly, I don't think you'd need the clear printed flames at all.

Evans Designs Flickering Fire LED Kit.

Edited by BDSchindler

5 minutes ago, BDSchindler said:

Thanks George!

I know the fire LED that Evan's sells and to be honest, you could easily set the LED into the dumpster amongst the garbage and use a cotton batting to simulate smoke from the ensuing fire.  The flickering of the LED will simulate the flames and will cast shadows from the garbage.  Honestly, I don't think you'd need the clear printed flames at all.

Evans Designs Flickering Fire LED Kit.

No but honestly I've already spent the money now to buy the clear filament and it's not like it's going to really hurt anything and it will be much more effective if it's a clear flame that has the lights you'll just have to make sure you paint everything else really well so the light doesn't shine through do you know going to do it do it right I guess

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have your motors i have to say they are great the detail is awesome. I would love to see the Pontiac OHC-6 with Trans used from 66 to 69 i have a need for 4 to 6 of them right off.  Also i have a question how come you don't supply a fan with some of your motors.

9 minutes ago, rickcaps55 said:

I have your motors i have to say they are great the detail is awesome. I would love to see the Pontiac OHC-6 with Trans used from 66 to 69 i have a need for 4 to 6 of them right off.  Also i have a question how come you don't supply a fan with some of your motors.

I made it one of those eventually especially if I can find one to scan I don't like fans they're extremely hard to print I started doing them and then I realized it's just hideous break too easy and you can get them and photo edge that look just as good

12 hours ago, Texas_3D_Customs said:

I made it one of those eventually especially if I can find one to scan I don't like fans they're extremely hard to print I started doing them and then I realized it's just hideous break too easy and you can get them and photo edge that look just as good

Any AMT or MPC 69 Firebird kit has them in it that's were i was finding them. I understand about the fan's now thanks.