Model Cars Magazine Forum

CBR BMW M635CSi, Fujimi Entusiast in depth.

Mattilacken

Very nice work so far. I love the sleeved wheels. I like the idea of displaying with one wheel off There’s  so much lovely detail in that suspension.

I have a few of these 6-Series Fujimi kits waiting to be built, plus one on the shelf that I built as a kid. I’ve got to say, Fujimi made an AMAZING kit here. 

looking forward to seeing more progress on this one. 

On 4/14/2022 at 6:57 AM, beeRS said:

Very nice work so far. I love the sleeved wheels. I like the idea of displaying with one wheel off There’s  so much lovely detail in that suspension.

I have a few of these 6-Series Fujimi kits waiting to be built, plus one on the shelf that I built as a kid. I’ve got to say, Fujimi made an AMAZING kit here. 

looking forward to seeing more progress on this one. 

Thanks allot! Yea there for sure is! While I was driving to my cabin the other day I also thought about making the rear suspension functional so when at display one wheel will be extended in back.. also thinking about making wheel nuts out of bras.. feels like it’s snowballing right now!
I will keep an eye out for your future build!

On 4/14/2022 at 7:24 AM, Reuhkapelti2 said:

Oh man, you Anton surely don't cross the fence where it sits the lowest. The suspension in this kit really is great and it deserves to be seen. 

haha! I could not agree more! So let’s make it a step better and display it! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Just to show my age, I lusted over these cars when they were new.  I like what you're doing, I've cut apart suspensions before and added real springs, so keep up the great work!

Hehe! Its a cool var for sure!! 
thanks! The hade part is to get a good spring rate so it will compress easily but be just enough to push it outward when decompressed! I have made so it should be fully compressed when the car is on wheels. Thanks I will keep at it! 

1 hour ago, Bainford said:

Cool project, and coming along nicely. Very impressive kit.

thanks! Yes it for sure is an impressive kit! 

Micro steps, I have glued the Scale Auto Style 1/24 PE brake discs that I have had in my stash since 2006. They must have been made for this kit both the front and rear discs are perfect in size to this kit, except for the inner diameter on the rear hub so they will need to be turned a millimeter. 

I Also tried to get the text to look good on the valve cover, but I do not have BMF so I tried Molotov and then paint over it and use AB thinner to remove the black again. 

I could not resist to put a cable to the oil sensor.

1B7B0EE4-B5A4-49D2-BA84-6C442B11D8A6.thumb.jpeg.1c3417be08d20e400913c1bed2a5bfba.jpeg

3D639DA8-BE07-47DC-8BA2-66FA6776541A.thumb.jpeg.c37790597d79f224da73cf2328d632b7.jpeg

B1B8AFA4-435E-48B1-BD13-AE5EA8A1D991.thumb.jpeg.8e30ffc1dd8b46b368705e4f3a37d34d.jpeg

Edited by Mattilacken
  • Like 1

• Mattilacken changed the title to CBR BMW M635CSi, Fujimi Entusiast in depth.