Model Cars Magazine Forum

RIP Taylor Hawkins

Mike C.

Sad news. He died in a hotel room in Bogota. Might have had a bit too much of that Colombian sugar 

It is interesting to see them performing Led Zeppelin songs with Page and Jones, and shows how Hawkins and Grohl occassionally changed places behind the drums/mic. I am a big fan of the Foo Fighters’ earlier stuff, and I think their late 90’s album The Colour and the Shape (on which Hawkins joined the band) is one of the best rock albums in history, with Everlong as an absolute hit for the ages. Hopefully, the band will be able to continue.

Edited by PowerPlant

Latest news reports state that he had an enlarged heart that weighed about twice a normal sized one would. Also evidence of drugs in the room and in his blood stream. A real shame as he was extremely talented and Dave felt like they were brothers, I am sure this hit him hard.

I am not surprised at his death and that drugs were involved, he seemed to embrace that live fast lifestyle and his overdose in London in 2001 should have been his wake up call.

14 hours ago, BlackSheep214 said:

Nope. Not “Columbia’s Sugar” Prescription drug overdose. The rest of the tour cancelled. 

I'm surprised anybody still does that stuff anymore now that all the dealers put that fentanyl in everything now. The police have to wear a spacesuit to handle it now. Guys like this do the prescription drugs now that they have money.

Like so many others in the industry, just couldn't get that monkey off his back.

Some times I wonder if the problem is maybe they really don't want it off.

Have known a couple people that openly said they won't give up what they are hooked on because they like how they feel.

Neither feel anything at all now.