Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/24 '55 Chevy Gasser

Mr mopar

2 hours ago, disconovaman said:

I made my own decals for the BadMan but yeah I think these decals are some of Revell's best work in recent years. I'll buy the kit regardless but the decals are a nice bonus and not to mention the return of the Gasser parts from the race version. 😉 

Screenshot_20190902-082410.png

20190822_155053.jpg

20190907_090350(0).jpg

I see what you did there.  Very cool. Somewhere I have some art of a Bad Man 55 Chevy truck. Works well too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, stavanzer said:

I can't seem to find a good clear shot of the New Decals.

Where is everybody finding one clear enough to read the Engine Size? The Hobbynut link did not give me a very clear image.

It's pretty obvious. The decals have two 327's on them. Look where the front wheel opening would be on the flag decals.

38 minutes ago, Dave Darby said:

I see what you did there.  Very cool. Somewhere I have some art of a Bad Man 55 Chevy truck. Works well too.

I saw a built model of one. It was cool as all get out! 

Found it!

pro-built-1955-chevy-pickup-badman-iv_1_1ae5f123235daab78c2d0cfe6ade26f2.jpg.e0c20b07b01bd9f2c4c499ab84b1d27b.jpg

I think the Cameo bed would work better so that the Badman could go above the rear wheels.

Edited by Plowboy
  • Like 4

The Monogram 55 Chevy street machine was the 1st kit I ever bought. It started it all for me. I was 13 years old, got my 1st summer job. Took my 1st paycheck to Kmart and bought this kit, a tube of Testors  glue, and a can of Testors sapphire blue paint. I also ended up taking home AMT`s Rat Packer Nova that day. That started this lifelong obsession. Nearly 50 years later, and thousands of models later, I still think about that day and smile. 

Chris

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

By New, I mean New. Not the two sets of different wheels this kit has come with before. 

Well, Better than the '66 Malibu I guess. At least you have options.

My guess is that the "new" Revell will never spend any money on tooling new parts for 40 or 50 year old kits. But, I could be wrong.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, disconovaman said:

I always wonder what draws inspiration for the design team at Revell and other model companies... I know in modern times with the internet, inspiration is at your fingertips.

I do believe someone at Revell has found inspiration from Gassers on Twitter with Dan Pitts and his 55 Chevy Gasser. The American flag Chevrolet design is cool and to see it on the real car is fascinating. I shared this with Dan and he is over the moon excited about the artwork and said he will likely buy two cases when they get released... 😆 anyways, back to your regularly scheduled program. 😁

Dh7SMVNUcAAqP1y.jpg

11990507_1706925119530768_7227436113662635711_n.jpg

I found a similar car today while surfing the web. 

554d2a147c09e742e132be76029f8053.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...