Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round "Micro" Diamond Files

A while back, I bought this set of files. I wanted something better, for fish-mouthing rod and tubing when building chassis. They weren't cheap (the set cost about $40), but they have proven a worthy investment. I use them virtually daily, and have barely touched my old round files, since! I highly recommend getting a set of these; especially if you're a scratchbuilder.

DSC_0002cr.jpg

DSC_0003cr.jpg

DSC_0004cr.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greg, I bought my set after seeing Daniel's initial post. The link that Joe provided, sadly does not ship to Canada. The best price I could find was through Amazon.ca. Going through my purchase history, I have this link:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007WQQKTU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

They are worth it, especially when replicating tube frames or roll cages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Eh? said:

Greg, I bought my set after seeing Daniel's initial post. The link that Joe provided, sadly does not ship to Canada. The best price I could find was through Amazon.ca. Going through my purchase history, I have this link:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007WQQKTU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

They are worth it, especially when replicating tube frames or roll cages.

Thanks for the link Bill. That is still more than Iā€™m willing to pay. If I was really into scratch building race cars I would buy them, but I have a few small round files that will suffice for the little bit I do.šŸ™‚