Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scrap Metal - Update!!!

tiking

I've just added the figures to the dio. Again, I am no figure painting expert, but I always try to give it my utmost best. The figures were bought ready made, but I repainted them differently and because the original painting was not to my liking. I wanted to better the face and skin texture than what the original had. The dog has not been repainted(will do that later), although, I added it just to give the overall appeal to the diorama. :) 

scrapmetalyard_figures-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures2-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures3-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures3a-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures4-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures4a-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures5-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures6-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures7-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures8-vi.jpg
scrapmetalyard_figures9-vi.jpg

• Like 1

The bearded male figure with the red baseball cap works really well for you, because he appears to be looking at the Suzuki in a realistic pose. Coincidentally, I have that dog figure myself ! . . . I have just ordered the Hasegawa Suzuki Jimny, which I shall build with optional standard wheels, as mine was a Suzuki Samurai 1988 and not a 1995 Jimny . . . Well done with the figure painting, which I know is not easy, and these figures bring the diorama to life.

David

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

The bearded male figure with the red baseball cap works really well for you, because he appears to be looking at the Suzuki in a realistic pose. Coincidentally, I have that dog figure myself ! . . . I have just ordered the Hasegawa Suzuki Jimny, which I shall build with optional standard wheels, as mine was a Suzuki Samurai 1988 and not a 1995 Jimny . . . Well done with the figure painting, which I know is not easy, and these figures bring the diorama to life.

David

Thank you David. :) Will be looking forward to your build.

15 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Very convincing, I'm not sure if I ever saw somebody to make look plastic like rusty metal as you do it always.

I see, you have found use for the remains of the dumperbody (from the big IH dumper which got lost in the mud trap)

Thank you Helmut. I see you noticed the dumper bucket. ;) Thank you for your kind words.

That just looks pretty kewl. The weathering on all the steel looks pretty convenceing.  All the detail work looks super nice.    I don't normally look in the Dioramas section but this is one that everyone needs to see.  Great job.

3 hours ago, Zippi said:

That just looks pretty kewl. The weathering on all the steel looks pretty convenceing.  All the detail work looks super nice.    I don't normally look in the Dioramas section but this is one that everyone needs to see.  Great job.

Appreciate your uplifting words Bob. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 10:58 AM, Dominik said:

Thats the way to reduce all the not needed parts in our hobby 😄 - make it a junkyard

Charles, thats a tone of work. awesome!

HeHe!!!! Yep! Lots of details. Glad you approve. :) Thanks.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:37 AM, Raoul Ross said:

To me, it looks like the bearded guy is pointing, saying "There's a SNAKE in there, I saw it!" The scrap yard owner is looking for it, a little skeptical, and the dog is looking where his Human is pointing, ready for action.

A Really Nice Job!

HaHa!!! Thank you kindly.

Okay so I have to admit that I was trying to do two things at once when I first opened this feed and scrolled all the way to the bottom to get past the pictures of the "real" junkyard so I could see the diorama. Of course that's when it hit me that I was looking at the diorama all along. Incredible work, just incredible. 

On 8/24/2022 at 3:42 PM, Nosferatu said:

It just keeps looking better! Amazing detail!

Do you know how many hours you put into this?

Dave

Hi Dave. Thank you for your response. Time done on this isn't so bad. Maybe a total of 30-40 hrs, give or take. I rarely time my builds, so this is just a rough guess. Due to the amount of detail I can understand why folks think it would take me a long time. :) But I do things in way that is quick and straight forward without getting to iver complicated. I am not a fan of long drawn out processes. :) I always like to get started on something new. So I tend to get things done quicker.

On 8/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, Just Jim said:

Okay so I have to admit that I was trying to do two things at once when I first opened this feed and scrolled all the way to the bottom to get past the pictures of the "real" junkyard so I could see the diorama. Of course that's when it hit me that I was looking at the diorama all along. Incredible work, just incredible. 

HeHe!!!! Good one. Thank you kindly for your uplifting words.

10 hours ago, RCScaler said:

Wow! You never fail to amaze me! Congratulations on yet another amazing dio! Your attention to detail is unreal, and I wish to one day be even half as good at weathering as you! ❤️😎

Too kind of you to write such uplifting words. Thank you for that. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...