Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Charger R/T

Mopar - D

On 8/27/2022 at 6:39 AM, David G. said:

Nice work with the wiring, love the wire looms. The color looks great with the second coat.

David G.

Thanks David it takes me some time to get the wires in the holes but it’s worth the pain. 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:17 AM, slusher said:

Darker paint looks great Dan..

Thanks Carl it now matches the B7 dark blue met. The first coat was thin and over white primer. 

On 8/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, oldscool said:

Everything about this one is looking good.

Thanks Gerald 

Great looking paint job there.  I built this kit a couple years back, wanted it Panther Pink but could not get it to come out right.  After the third time sending it for  a swim I went with Testors arctic blue with white interior.  This is an excellent kit, no fit issues that I recall.   I have another one but haven't decided what color to paint it yet. Leaning heavily toward plum crazy.  I have always liked that color.

15 hours ago, Slotto said:

Great looking Charger. Nice interior too. How did you do the wood grain?

Thanks Steve. The wood grain is from the decals that comes with the kit. 

12 hours ago, Doug 1061 said:

Great looking paint job there.  I built this kit a couple years back, wanted it Panther Pink but could not get it to come out right.  After the third time sending it for  a swim I went with Testors arctic blue with white interior.  This is an excellent kit, no fit issues that I recall.   I have another one but haven't decided what color to paint it yet. Leaning heavily toward plum crazy.  I have always liked that color.

Thanks Doug. I thought about going with Panther Pink to just like what’s on the box but I just did my AAR Cuda like the box and wanted something different and my last build was plum crazy and I’m working on my 71 GTX that is plum crazy. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2022 at 1:18 PM, Mike C. said:

Man, I wished I would have gotten one of these kits back when they were cheap and plentiful. I know exactly how I would build it. It would require a 440 six pack engine.

Coming along nicely!

Tell me about it man. I actually HAD one of these kits and let it go. spacer.png

On 9/4/2022 at 8:15 AM, ModelcarJR said:

Paint and decals looking great, Dan! 😎 👍

Thanks John

On 9/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, mustang1989 said:

Dan this one's coming along beautifully bud. You're doing such a good job with it.  I hear you on the weather bro.....in the back of my mind I've got that old CCR tune "Who'll Stop The Rain" playing over and over and over..........

Thanks Joe it was just a couple weeks ago we were begging for the rain.