Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grill design requests

4 hours ago, stitchdup said:

Not a grille as such but a couple of vw accesories for the vw t1. a push bar and roof mounted spot light. I have a hasegawa van front i can send you and it would fit both it and the revell.

05-red-e-motorsports-vw-single-cab-sniper-efi.jpg

Someone offered that push bar in resin but I can't remember who...

There may not be enough interest, but I'm wondering if you would be able to produce a front grille and back taillight panel for a 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 to fit the Revell 1967 Dodge Coronet R/T kit. It seems the '66 Coronet is the only missing 'B' body Dodge in scale form, all the way from '62, up to the '78 Monaco 4dr police car kits.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Oldriginal86 said:

I looked on this site as well as the rest of the web for a resin 1967 Chevy truck grill. I thought someone made it in resin as well as the hood. With Coca Cola as well as the ramp truck, I’m sure I’m not the only one that doesn’t want to be stuck building a ‘71 or 72. 

AD6DB6F3-A42E-462E-B4B6-DD5CCE5D0400.jpeg

Keep in  mind that the grille was not the only difference for the 67 and 68 Chevy trucks.  The hood and fenders were unique to those two years.

What I would like to see are generic grilles such as various egg crate configurations, honeycomb, screen, and various other hole patterns, perhaps a quarter to one half actual inch thick so they could be sanded and sculpted to many different configurations. Also patterns for 30's and 40's cars which just don't exist- btw, I model in 1/25th scale, but 1/24th scale would be fine as well.

Just now, Paul Payne said:

What I would like to see are generic grilles such as various egg crate configurations, honeycomb, screen, and various other hole patterns, perhaps a quarter to one half actual inch thick so they could be sanded and sculpted to many different configurations. Also patterns for 30's and 40's cars which just don't exist- btw, I model in 1/25th scale, but 1/24th scale would be fine as well.

So that's completely possible but I thought that kind of stuff already existed. Also 1/4 is really thick, I would make it much thinner, unless I don't understand what you mean.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 9:32 AM, Mike C. said:

I'm pretty sure these would sell now that the Revell '71 442 W-30 is on the shelves. You could now make an (arguably more desirable) '70 442 with this grill.

552250345b709_hd_1970-oldsmobile-442-w30.jpg

I am good for 3 sets, but it needs to have the right 70 hood (as shown above, the 71/72 are different), and hopefully the proper interior.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/10/2022 at 12:42 PM, Texas_3D_Customs said:

All right Scott is going to be doing the Olds 442 I'm looking for someone to ship me a kit so I can scan it to have reference values I'll pay the shipping if you need me to and I will return it and if if you want a front end conversion I'll include it for free after it's done

Did anything ever happen from this? I'm really wanting to convert my 71 kit to a 70.

grill / head light assy. 1966 Belvedere / Satellite for the Revell 1967 GTX 

Tail light and trunk finish panel same car .

I'll go out and say I will take the 1st dozen OF EACH you make if they are nice 

Any picture you need is available

Anything else to make the conversion I can make myself 

Tail-Lights.jpg

grill.jpg

right-lamp.jpg

back-side.jpg